Chapter 53: A Day With A Bad Start

Now within his own personal chamber, Indra's dark orbs were now focused on the open book before him, his eyes closely reading every single word of the very page before turning to read the next, his only source of light was a single candle. Releasing a deep sigh, the brunette then closed the book before tossing it at his right side, where a tall tower of neatly stacked books stood. And beside that tall tower were four more of those tower of books, indicating that he likely red hundreds of those books this entire time.

Using both his thumb and index fingers to rub his seemingly tired eyes, he exhaustingly groaned "That was the last book in every shelf of this Godamn place, and there is still nothing that can help me figure out what the hell these are!"

Lifting his head, his gaze then instantly landed on the two small statues he and his brother found in the fishing boats, neatly sitting above his desk. Stretching one hand out to grab the wooden one, even though he has already closely inspected it from the last time, for some reason, he decided to do it again. Since he was unable to find any information behind these mysterious statues, maybe this was his way of finding out what they were or how they were possibly connected to the fishermen's sudden illnesses.

Or probably out of boredom just to make his time more productive. That's when suddenly, from out of nowhere, he heard this loud thudding noise. Turning towards where he thinks was the source, his eyes then landed on one of the closed windows of his chamber.

Curious to find out what had caused such unusual sound, Indra placed the small statue back on his desk and soon after, got up from his place and make his way towards that very closed window he had no doubt where the sudden sound came from. Sliding it open, what caught him off guard was upon meeting face to face with this blinding warm light. Since his eyes had gotten used to his dark room, it caused him to let out a growl and quickly squeeze them tight, his free hand was raised in addition to blocking the light from further torturing him.

As soon as he was able to adjust his vision with the bright light, he managed to slowly open his eyes to see the very cause of what had just blinded him, it surprised him a bit to find the warm shining sun hovering above the sky.

"Have I really been staying up all night?"

Suddenly, a loud cawing noise coming from beneath him had then caught his attention. Dropping his head to see, his eyes then widened a bit the moment he found what looks to be a large black bird lying on his window sill, to which he immediately presumed was the cause of the noise. The prodigy would've assumed that it was dead, because the bird now lied down on it's back.

But besides hearing it's caw as well as noticed it blinking, he thought otherwise. But what had actually alarmed him the most was the moment he finally notices it's right wing, which was now bent in an angle it shouldn't have been, normally that is.

Letting out a quiet breath, he then signed "Poor thing!" Raising both of his hands before drawing it close to the bird, he added "Here let me help you!"

And with that, the brunette then slowly and carefully cupped the large bird in both of his hands and carried it inside.

------------------------------------------------------------

Soon after that was all over, Indra now silently strolled through the halls of the compound. Nothing was heard, the sounds of his footsteps against the hardwood was an exception. That's when suddenly, he stopped in his tracks the very moment he noticed a certain albino walking past the hallway before him towards the right.

This made him begin to speed walk his way to the girl. However, in spite of the fact that it made his steps sound louder, the female teen remained oblivious to his fast approach, that's until he called out to her that is.