Chapter 24: Tragedy Of Broken Bonds

"What were you two thinking?!" Hagoromo's deep and enraged voice boomed across the training hall they were all currently in. "Not only did the both of you deliberately disobeyed and lied to me, the two of you had brought her out of the compound. Think about it, even though no one had thankfully spotted her, but what would have happened if carelessness intervened and someone did? What will you two do then if her existence gets exposed, especially towards the civilians?!"

 Think about it, even though no one had thankfully spotted her, but what would have happened if carelessness intervened and someone did? What will you two do then if her existence gets exposed, especially towards the civilians?!"

Nervously sitting in their knees before the stern man were his two sons, they as well had one hand lightly rubbing one of their ears, probably to soothe the pain their father made while he dragged them back here. None of them barely even had the guts to look at their own father eye to eye, whom was neatly perched in his high place in front of them.

"We're sorry, Father!" Lowly apologized Ashura in a sad tone.

"I believe sorry is not enough to repair the damage that has already been done. But what I am most disappointed of was that my oldest son would disobey before his curious little brother could do so. Which leads to the question..."

Hagoromo then stood up from where he sat, whip out from behind his back a piece of paper and threw it towards his sons. Ashura let out a horrified gasp the very moment he realized what it was, his eyes were met with the three poorly drawn stick figures in it.

"Tell me, how long were you three already acquainted?"

The younger brunette said nothing and lowered his head in shame for his carelessness again.

This time, his older brother finally spoke "Ashura only met her one day ago. I however, met her one day after she first came here."

"Which means you have been keeping this secret for nearly six days, but failed anyway" smugly said their father, earning a glare from the oldest son. Releasing a growl of frustration, the man then placed his thumb and index finger on the bridge of his nose, began massaging it and grumbled "First a fire burned down an entire hut in the village, now this! How can this get any worse?!"

"Wait! The entire hut was burned down?!"

Realizing his mistake, the youngest male hitched his breath then quickly slapped both of his hands above his mouth.

"What?!" Their Father exclaimed in shock as he whipped his head towards his youngest son. "Don't tell me the both of you are actually involved in this!"

Immediately regretting his decision, he stuttered in his reply "I...I...Uhhh..."

"It was only an accident!"

With a surprised look on his face, Ashura turned his head to the side, finding out that it was his older brother himself who have said those very words.

"Ashura has nothing to do with it, it was only me! It may not be on purpose, but I unintentionally caused the fire." Tightly clawing on to the fabric of his pants, he growled "So punish me instead, not Ashura!"