Chapter 44: The Real Meaning Of True Power

From within the main building of the large compound, there stood the two brothers in the very middle of the very training hall. At the very moment, it is rather obvious to assume that the two young boys were now practicing in the form of hand-to-hand combat. At the far front of the room, there sat their Father and beside him was the little pale girl, closely watching the two young boys as they practiced their combat skills.

The older one, Indra, as always was performing very well during the combat training. As for his younger brother, Ashura however, he was as expected the complete opposite. As they trained, the older boy kept pushing forward, and what the younger one could only do was to dodge or block his brother's attacks.

And whenever he tries to land hits on his elder, the genius would just simply dodge or block them with ease. Young Ashura then tried to land another hit on his brother with his hand, only to be of course, simply dodged by him. Suddenly, a bright blue aura made of presumably chakra then appeared in Indra's right arm, catching his little brother off guard.

Caught in a puzzled daze, the young brunette barely even tried to dodge nor block this new incoming attack. In result, the young boy was sent flying a few feet away from his older brother before harshly landing on the wooden floor.

"That's enough!" Announced their father's advisor, whom was too watching them within the sidelines.

"You OK, Ashura?" Indra worriedly asked, watching his little brother slowly got up from the floor.

"Yeah, sure! But you're really strong, Elder Brother!"

Suddenly, loud metallic striking noises then filled the air. The young brunette's face gleamed the very moment he understood what those noises meant.

"That means training's over!" Ecstaticly exclaimed young Ashura as he quickly got up from the floor and began sprinting towards the exit of the building, only to drag his heels to a stop for some reason before spinning himself. "Oh, right! Almost forgot!" He added as he ran towards the very front of the building. "Come on, Sis!" Was all he said before grabbing on to said girl's wrist and pulled her along with him, startling her a bit in the process. "We're gonna go play with Taizo and the others!"

The people left within the building could only watch with embarrassmed looks on their faces as the two youngster's forms disappear into the outside, that includes the boy's older brother. Even the father himself feels the embarrassment, because his head was now hanging lowly in shame.

"Good grief!" Sighed Futami, his head as well was lowered in shame.

Turning to face the two grown men, Indra then said "Father, I'm going to go train a little more on the hill in the back!"

He then lowly bowed in front of them before too walking away and out of the building.

With his eyes still glued to the exit where the children had vanished off to, Futami then huffed and smiled "Well, it appears Master Indra has gained great command over the powers that you passed on to him. That's fantastic!"

Raising his head to meet eyes with his advisor, Hagoromo asked "Why is that?"

"Oh, well if you're to name a successor one day, it's customary to select the first born son." Placing a hand beneath his chin, Hagoromo then continued to listen as his advisor added "Having a younger son inherit could sow the seeds of discontent. Nobody would object to Master Indra, he's naturally gifted with ninshu." Crossing his arms over his chest, Futami continued "The future of ninshu is now secure!"

In spite of the fact that there was a ton of truth within his advisor's words, Hagoromo however has this look of doubt for some reason stuck to his stern face.