Chapter 45: Coping With All That Misery

"What...What on earth...What on earth is going on here?!" Futami quietly asked, his voice leaked with disbelief his eyes were widened in shock and horror.

This was because standing before him at the very front of the main building were two familiar heavily panting brunettes, to which he presumed was due to running all the way back here. But the very reason why their father's advisor was currently feeling such overwhelming way as well as had this utterly terrified look on his face was the very fact that those two were not only soiled and sweaty on both skin and clothes, it was also because the brothers too were covered by these many horrific red stains. The same goes for what both young male's had within their arms.

"Young Master Indra, Young Master Ashura...What...What happened?!"

Neither of them replied to the young man and only continued to catch their breaths through deep inhales and exhales.

"Where...Where is our Father?!" The oldest one finally spoke in between his deep breathing and his head hung low, allowing his bangs to cast a dark shadow over his eyes.

Right when the man was about to answer, as some sort of odd way of a response, a familiar stern and masculine voice spoke in his stead when there stepped out as well the all too familiar pale man.

"Futami, what is going-"

What made the elderly man's words got caught up in his throat and his breath to hitch was the very moment his purple eyes widened in horror and were met with a pair of pale white ones that looked to have no sign of life from within them anymore. But what had actually made both his hands tremble and shake was when he saw the large crimson red stains all over her white robes.

"Lord Hagoromo?"

Hearing his advisor's words had surprisingly awoken the man from his trance and made him turn his head to look at the younger man, only to find Futami have this shocked look in his too widened eyes. Probably it was due to the fact that not ever during his entire life serving this powerful man has he seen him break out of his stern and intimidating persona like so, only because he just found one of the children he had raised limp and motionless within his eldest son's arms.

Why wouldn't he? He had just genuinely promised himself that from then on out of the sincerity and care in his heart that he would treat her as if she was his own daughter and allow her to live a better life. And just like the young boy, who promised to protect her and keep her safe from all the dangers of this world, a promise like so ended being shattered into millions of pieces, just as the same as their worlds.

"Father..."

He heard his eldest son spoke and it made him avert his attention towards the young brunette.

"Please...Please, save her!" Finally lifting his head to see face to face with the two older men, he continued "Save her now!"

The very moment the two had met gazes with the young boy, both their eyes then once again widened in immense shock.

"M-Master Indra, your eyes!"

Of course, what he was talking about were the two blazing orbs that replaced his normal dark ones.

"You...You have already awakened the..."

Violently shaking his head, he then made the decision in dealing with it later and immediately ran towards his son. It may seem that all hope is lost for bringing that sweet little girl back from her lifeless state, but he needed try. After all, he did mention that he detests the reality of these three children no longer by each other's sides.

Plus, his son would greatly hate him for sure if he did nothing. So why give up now?

"Nevermind that!" Kneeling down in one knee, he then raised both of his arms before him and continued "Quickly, give her to me before it's too late!"