Chapter 43: After Everything That Happened

"I'm sorry for troubling you like this!" Apologized young Indra as he watched the older male use a small torn partially wet remnant of his cloak to carefully clean the fresh blood off his arm

"Hush now, young lad. Our main priority is to quickly patch you up before the bleeding get's worse!" The older male immediately replied, his eyes never taken away from his work.

As soon as the red liquid was now cleaned off from the boy's pale skin, he soon found the source of all that bleeding, which was in the form of a long and deep gash that stretched across his forearm.

"Hmph! When you destroyed that incoming boulder earlier, it looked a lot like a few of it's broken bits were  sharp enough to cause such gash...whatever you did! Well, I may have done the big mistake to not bring any bandages along with me, but..." Taking out what looks to be a tiny needle and a small spool of seemingly surgical thread from out of his sleeve, he then continued "It's a good thing I always bring these with me."

Carefully inserting the end of the thread through the needle's eye, he then drew it's sharp point close towards the edge of the gash.

"Hold still, this may hurt a bit!" He said, to which the young brunette calmly replied with a single nod and hum.

With that, the older male then pierced the sharp edge on the boy's pale flesh. Raising his head to see what kind of reaction the young one had, he was left a bit surprised to see no signs of pain stricken on the brunette's, the kid barely even flinched the moment the sharp edge touched his skin. And from the looks of it, the young lad himself had this same look of surprised for some reason.

"You don't feel that?" The male in white asked, his voice mixed with shock and confusion as he continued to poke the needle's sharp edge on the younger one's flesh in order to confirm whether he was just acting or not.

"I'm just as shocked as you are!"

Placing both his thumb and index finger below his chin, he then loudly hummed and began to think on what was actually going on. That's until a thought then appeared in his mind. As some sort of experiment, the hooded male just simply continued to sew the large gash across the boy's upper arm.

"Seriously, you're not feeling this?!" He asked as he once more never took his eyes away and concentrated on his work.

The boy responded by simply humming and nodding.

"I don't know why, but I just can't feel a thing!"

It seems as though the stranger in white knows what was going on with the boy's broken arm. But for some strange reason, he decided not to say anything and continued to sew.

"I see! So tell me, how did you do that?"

"Huh?" The brunette asked as he lifted his head to meet gazes with the elder.

"You know, that lightning strike that destroyed that incoming boulder earlier. How did you do that?"

Raising his other arm, his good arm so to speak to awkwardly rub the back of his neck, he then replied "To tell you honestly, I'm not so sure either. I guess I ended up panicking a bit and just...did it. Maybe it's because of that, I must've subconsciously activated a jutsu out of all that anxiety."