Chapter 2: What Is Going On In A Child's Mind

The very moment a pair of beautiful dark onyx orbs opened, they eventually widened once they bear witness upon a dark void that stretched across from where he stood. The all too familiar boy began whipping his head both left and right to search for a possible way out of the black space, but it was to no avail and eventually realized that the darkness was seemingly endless.

"Where....where am I?" He said obviously only to himself as his eyes darted every corner and space for at least a single hint on where exactly he was.

Despite the fact that there is possibly no hope nor answers for the questions he had been quietly asking himself, this didn't stop him from trying. So without any other option, he continued on searching for any more clues on where he was or where he could escape this null place he was stuck in, his whole body twisting and turning at every angle that he could very much reach. But no matter how hard or how carefully he studied the area, his efforts were still proven to be in vain.

That's until he turned his head one last time, his eyes widened once more and his body was suddenly frozen like a cold statue. There appeared out of the shadowy nowhere, there standing before him was a mysterious bright figure, it's entire white body glowing from within the darkness of the void. Whoever it was, rather what it was, it was surprisingly taller than he was.

But what alarmed him the most was the fact he couldn't see it's face, for his entire view of the strange white figure was just it's back facing him. Other than all that, what stood out the most from the stranger was it's long straight white hair, so long that it reached beyond it's tall height until it was sprawled all over the floor behind it. The very moment the boy's eyes were met with white creature before him, a sudden feeling of dread had crawled up on his skin.

His intelligent brain by far had made the most logical decision to run, however, his guts had stubbornly told him to stand his ground and face his fear. But the strongest of all his egos was the mindless fear of the unknown that caused his body to stay stiff in place as his clearly terrified stare was stuck to the glowing aparition before him. He just stood there as he anxiously waited on what was about to happen next, the longer he starred at the white creature had suddenly covered his body with an unspeakable feeling of unease.

The unnerving feeling soon began to worsen when he was able to notice a hint of movement coming from the white stranger, ever so terrifyingly slowly moved it's head from over it's shoulder to meet with his gaze.

That's until...

------------------------------------------------------------

"Elder Brother, wake up!"

The brunette's dark eyes snapped open with his breath hitched and his blurry vision eventually began to slowly adjust at the sight before him. The very moment it was cleared, the first thing he saw was the blinding rays of the morning sun as well as a familiar face of a goofy and toothy smiling dunce hovering over him.

"Good Morning Elder Brother!" The cheerful boy added and backed away a bit to sit beside the futon his brother was currently lying on.

"Ashura?!" Indra mumbled tiredly a bit as he slowly got up from the mattress to sit up and rub a knuckle against his left eye. "What is it? Do you need something? It's a bit too early in the morning don't you think?"

"I just wanted to tell you that Father's not back yet!" He replied.

Ashura's words then suddenly caused him to pause from his actions, shoot a confused look right at his brother and said in an equally surprised tone "What?! He still hasn't returned home?! Are you sure?!"

The younger brother replied by nodding his head whilst humming and his face in a deep frown.

"I checked his room because I actually thought he was already there, I even searched the entire place for any signs of him, but nothing." He added. "I'm getting really worried, Elder Brother. I thought he said that he would be back sooner than we think. What if something happened to him?!"