Chapter 34: Can't You Give This Boy A Break?

"I hope you guys have a safe journey!"

"Thanks kid, that really means a lot to us!" Smiled the blond monk as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

As for the brunette however, he had his arms crossed over his chest and had this grumpy look on his face, the monk never even bothered to look at the boy standing before him. Out of discipline probably, the older male upwardly smacked the back of the younger one's head. Obviously pained by this, the young monk then rubbed the swollen part to soothe the pain as he raised his head to shoot a glare at the man.

"Ow, the hell! That hurts, you bastard!"

Ignoring the bratty monk's complaints, the young man just placed his hands on both sides of his hips and sneered "Oh don't give me that look, say something will ya!"

Twisting his head to finally land eyes on the boy, the young brunette was left a bit startled upon meeting gazes with him. The pup in his arms however seems to be not bothered by this as he happily panted like the innocent little mutt he was. Anyways, instead of the words he was asked for, as expected, he only whipped his head to the side and loudly clicked his teeth in annoyance.

Surprisingly, the young boy's brows narrowed in seemingly disappointment. Alas, it only lasted in just one second when he kindly smile at the two monks.

"Well, it's been fun hanging out with you guys, especially you" he smiled, placing emphasis on the brunette monk whom was still looking away from him. "Even if it's just for a few moments, I honestly enjoyed our time together."

The monk turned his head a bit to take look at the boy from the corner of his eyes, only to whip his head back and growled "Yeah, yeah, whatever!"

Once more, this bratty monk's rude attitude greatly dissatisfied young Indra.

"Well then, I should really get going now!" He politely says before spinning himself and began walking away. "Farewell!"

"Farewell to you too, kid! And you get back home safely, got it?" The monk responded as he raised a hand in the air.

"I will!" Replied the boy without looking back at the monks before his form disappeared from their line of sight.

As for the brunette monk however, not only was he acting very rudely before the boy left, he was for some strange reason acting rather odd. There are at times he would occasionally twist his head a bit to look at the exact place where the boy just vanished off to, only to turn back in place. Just by hearing the sounds of his growls as well as studying his bizarre behaviour, one can assume that the monk is presumably hesitating or debating with himself or something.

This went on only for a few seconds until the boy finally let out a loud frustrating growl before turning to push his heels into a sprint towards the very direction where the boy just disappeared off to.

"Hey, where are you going?"

Alas, the young monk never bothered to stop nor to respond to his senior's question. The only thing that he is now focused on was catching up to the little brat before he was gone for good.

------------------------------------------------------------

With little Shiro finally back in his care, Indra took his time in making his way back to both the girl and his little brother. That's until...

"Yo brat, wait up!"

Hearing that familiar loud voice made him stop in his tracks and turned to see. He was left a bit shocked when he found the familiar brunette monk running towards, seemingly in full speed too.