Chapter 57: Watching Over The Prodigy

"What do you mean you have no idea who this man is?" Indra asked, both his arms were crossed above his chest and his back leaned against the wall.

"Master Indra, just like your father, I have memorized every single face and every single person living within this village. And I am very certain that I have never seen this man in my life."

Breathing out a heavy sigh, Indra spoke "Very well then. Since you are unable to recognize him, then we could only presume that this man is a traveller of some sorts. Plus, I also manged to find this littering nearby from where I found him!"

Spon after, he then placed what looked to be a large backpack atop the table that stood at the very center of the room.

"It didn't take much for me to realize that these may as well belong to him."

Upon seeing the very object the prodigy had just presented, it instantly intrigued the advisor and made him closely approach it.

"Including his outfit, I believe they are simply enough to help me identify that these indeed are supplies well suited for travel. Although, there were also a few things scattered around near where I found it. I wasn't able to take a closer at them, but I was able to gather as many things as I can. And hopefully, that would all be enough for me to help us figure out who this man really is!"

And with that, the brunette then opened the top of the small backpack and tilted it horizontally, spilling whatever contents it had all over the table. Now scattered all over the wooden surface were a couple of small pouches, bottles and boxes.

"Hmph! Whoever this stranger is, it seems he keeps far too many things for a traveler" Indra said as he reached his hand out and took one of the small boxes, opened it and peeked inside.

Drawing out his other hand, whatever was inside the box, he spilled it's contents all over his palm. It was soon revealed that whatever was inside that small box were what looked to be many tiny small dark orbs.

"What are these?" He added as he picked up a single one of the tiny balls.

Due to it's miniature size, he needed to squint his eyes a bit to try and inspect it. Picking up one of the small pouches, Futami then began to untie the string that held it close and inserted both his thumb and index finger into it. Taking them out, there pinched in between his two fingers is what looks to be a tiny brown mushroom.

Twisting and turning it to closely look at every side of it, he then spoke "Master Indra, it seems to me that whoever this man is, he must be some kind of medicine seller."

Turning his attention to a small bottle, Indra then opened it and for some strange reason, drew it's mouth close to his nostrils, sniffing whatever it was containing. Just by looking at the way how he quickly pulled the bottle away from him as he let out a disgusted growl, it seems as though he deeply regretted being curious to what scent the bottle's contents gave off.

"What the hell is this stuff?! It smells awful!" Indra angrily grumbled as he aggressively threw the bottle off the nearest window he could find, literally. "Medicine seller my ass! Looks to me he's just some snake oil salesman!"

Oddly enough, he had this unusual urge to draw both of his palms close to his face and gave them a sniff. From the looks of it, his hands now has the same unpleasant smell as the contents of the bottle earlier, causing him to once more growl in disgust and quickly draw both his hands away from him.

"Ugh, damn it! It's stuck to my hands now!" That was all he hissed before stomping his way towards the open shoji doors of the chamber they were in.

In that exact moment, Ashura had appeared in the open entrance from out of nowhere. It surprised the younger brunette a bit to find his older brother stomping in his direction. But he was soon woken up and squealed a bit when he felt the older male bump his shoulder with his very own and rudely walked passed him.