Chapter 50: Being The Son Of A Sage

With the sun ever so slowly rising up into the sky, the early morning rays of light bathed the land with warm sunshine as a form of blissful greeting of the incoming day. Now standing outside the gates of the compound were two grown men accompanied by young teens. One of the older men, immediately recognized as Hagoromo himself now wore his travelling attire, and the man standing by his side was his trusted advisor, Futami.

"Ashura, Krishna, is there still no sign of Indra?"

Raising a hand to awkwardly rub the back of his neck, the male teen nervously replied "Sorry, Father! Haven't seen him since yesterday!"

"I see, but are you two certain that he's already aware of my departure?"

"I guess so!" Turning to look at his adopted sister beside him, Ashura added "Isn't that right, Sis?"

Krishna simply responded to him with a hum and nod.

"Which reminds me..." Turning to look back at his parent, the brunette teen continued "Father, it took all night for me to think about it and I finally came up with my decision. I'm sorry, Father! But I made the choice not to go with you!"

Upon hearing this, it honestly shocked both young men, but mostly the female teen herself. With a worried and panicked look in her eyes, she placed a hand on her adopted brother's shoulder and tightly squeezed it. And just by simply hearing the way how dishevelled her hums were, Ashura could tell that she was trying to tell him that he didn't need to do this.

However, all the brunette did was give her a small smile as he rested a hand above the very one that held on to his shoulder.

"It's just that, it doesen't really feel right for me to have an adventure out of the village, not without Sis and Elder Brother. Besides, no matter what, all three of us will be sticking together!"

Releasing a breath, Hagoromo then sighed "If that's what you wish, then so be it. It's settled then, I'm leaving the care of the village in all three of your hands."

The moment his father's words had processed from within his mind, it greatly overjoyed Ashura and made him happily chime a loud 'Yes!' with his two fists pumped high up in the air.

Averting his gaze towards the girl, he then cheered "You hear that, Sis? All three of us will be together after all!"

She however let out an angry huff as she rested both her hands on either sides of her waists and shot him a scolding glare. The brunette knew all too well the very reason to why she was acting as grouchy she was now.

"Oh, come on, Sis!" Wrapping both his arms around his adopted sister's smaller form in a tight embrace, he cheerfully teased "Just admit it already, you don't want me to go!"

For a long time, Krishna needed to keep up throughout the years of how annoying and bratty the young brunette's attitude was. After all, it doesen't seem like long years was clearly not enough to change this dunce of a boy. Alas, no matter how loud and irritating Ashura can be, she still cared about him and find those flaws simply adorable.

So, she only rolled her eyes to the side before cheerfully letting out a giggle as she hugged the male back.

"Lord Hagoromo, with Master Ashura no longer accompanying you, does this mean you'll be taking a few men in his stead?" Futami asked as he with both hands, gave said man the tall dark rod he always travelled with.

"Not to worry, there's no need for that!" The pale man simply replied as he gladly took his staff.

"Are you sure, Lord Hagoromo?"

"Futami, my friend!" The older man spoke as he rested his free hand on the younger one's shoulder. "The task may only take a month to complete, but do not fret, it's only the journey that takes majority of the time, not how dangerous it is." Averting his attention towards the two young teen children, he continued "I am entrusting the safety of the village to you three, Indra as well."