Chapter 35: The Day Is Cold, Dark And Dreary

Eventually, the light drizzle soon shifted into heavy rainfall. Dark clouds now filled the once bright blue sky blocking any sign sunlight from reaching the earth as clouds of mist began to form all over the forested area. Now sitting below a large tree were the young trio and their dog, the heavy leaves providing shade and protection for the children from the rain. They had their knees tucked closely against their bodies to avoid the droplets leaking through the leaves as well as kept them warm from the cold air the place was surrounded with.

The three even needed to huddle together for warmth, even the girl herself with the eldest of them sitting in the very middle and the young pair leaning against his two sides, the girl in his right and his little brother on the left. However, the children were a bit wet and the young brunette was now shivering in his place along with the poor little pup on his lap.

"We should really be heading home right now, it's freezing out here!" Ashura spoke, a cloud of hot breath escaping from his mouth.

"Not so sure!" Immediately replied Indra, his breath two was a heated puff of cloud. "With all this heavy pouring rain, all I can say is that it won't be ending anytime soon!"

And with that, the trio along with the pup lifted their heads to stare upon the dark rainy sky, closely watching the thousands upon thousands of raindrops fall to the earth from where they sat.

------------------------------------------------------------

It seems as though the heavy rain had continued on throughout the morning, none of them barely knew whether it was still even morning or was it already noon

It seems as though the heavy rain had continued on throughout the morning, none of them barely knew whether it was still even morning or was it already noon. Either way, the rain continued on for a long time and accompanied by the freezing temperature, the three children and the pup ended up falling asleep throughout the weather. Both Krishna and Ashura's heads were leaned against Indra's two shoulders and little Shiro was curled into a small ball and slept soundly in the younger boy's lap.

With a twitching ear, little Shiro slowly began to open his black beady eyes, only to widen a bit when he found something dark hiding behind a tree, only to disappear upon meeting gazes with it. Slowly fluttering his eyes open, young Ashura was eventually fully awakened the very moment he heard his little pet letting out soft growling noises.