Chapter 49: Path To Becoming Successor

A thundering striking noise echoed across the now sunset lit training hall, only to be followed soon after by a loud thud.

"Next!"

Resting a hand on his left hip, the strict prodigy then began turning his head both left and right, his eyes landing on ever single one of the subordinates before him.

"What's matter? Isn't anyone here willing to spar against me?!"

None of them spoke a single word, but just by taking a glimpse of the terrified looks on their faces as well as noticing how they desperately tried to quietly calm the growing panic from within them, the ninshu prodigy got their answers to his question. Even his younger brother himself seems to not have the guts to speak out his own reply. But unlike the other frightened people from within the room, Ashura instead had this sad and concerned look in his narrowed eyes.

Abruptly turning himself away from the miserable disappointments, Indra angrily huffed and quietly growled "Cowards!"

With that, the prodigy began making his way out of the building. This made the younger sibbling run after him, only to suddenly stop, a worried expression etched across his face, making one presume that the teen was simply hesitating. After a few moments of standing there sulking like so, he finally gained his lost courage and began sprinting after his older brother.

"Elder Brother, why'd you do that? You said you'd think it over!"

Pausing in his tracks, Indra then twisted his head a bit only enough to meet gazes with his younger brother.

"Look Ashura, you don't have the sharingan, so you wouldn't understand!" Indra simply stated, his tone and words were equally as cold as his stare. "Power is what rules the world, power maintains order."

Closing his eyes, only to open them back, revealing that his once dark eyes now flashing a blazing red with said eye prowess.

"In time I will take over ninshu, and carry out those ideals!"

Upon making the big mistake on looking straight at those terrifying red eyes, it frightened Ashura and made him shudder in fear

Upon making the big mistake on looking straight at those terrifying red eyes, it frightened Ashura and made him shudder in fear. The younger male then eventually realized that the two gossiping students from the other day were indeed right, his stare was really filled with hate, but what he also did not expect was for his stare to be filled with that much hate. And if looks could might as well kill, then the poor boy would've dropped dead by now.

Without any other word, Indra turned away and immediately began walking towards the gates that led out of the compound, presumably training in the mountains like the last day.

"Elder Brother!" Ashura quietly spoke to himself, watching his older brother walking further and further away from him.

Unbeknownst to any of them, with eyes filled with so much sadness, Krishna had watched the entire scene between the two brothers unfold from behind a nearby corner.