Chapter 27: The House Of Horrors

"That guy was a weirdo!" Ashura exclaimed, both his arms were raised to rest his interlocked hands at the back of his head.

"Yeah, and a bit creepy too!" Indra agreed, whom was walking beside the younger boy.

Krishna, who he was still tightly holding on to only nodded and hummed in accord. At the very moment, the trio were now continuing on in strolling down the busy street of the village. And in spite of the fact of what they had mentioned regarding the mysterious mask salesman they encountered earlier, both brothers now wear the very masks they had recieved from the ambiguous man.

As previously mentioned, young Ashura's green mask resembled a turtle's beak, so of course he would wear it over his mouth, leaving his eyes to be seen. As for Indra, he wore the red mask he chose with the unusually long nose over his eyes, but the lower half of his face was left exposed.

"He just disappeared like that, we didn't even pay for these things!" Added the older brunette.

"Well, look in the bright side, we got masks, our identities are finally concealed and thankfully, we were not shoved in a sack and taken away so that the quirky man in the mask can eat us or whatever. And the best part is they're for free!" Ashura scoffed, dropping both his arms back in his sides.

"He does look like he will do something like that. But as always, you can't judge a book by it's cover. Ashura, you should know that by now, especially due to the fact you are not that much of a fan of books" the eldest shrugged, earning a pout from his brother. "Now that I mentioned it, whoever he was, it looks a lot like he doesn't recognized us at all, neither have I seen him anywhere in the village. He could just be a joker in a mask, but the kart makes him look too good to just be a joker in a mask."

Afterwards, the image of the very man standing by his trusted kart that housed the very masks he so called sells flashed in his mind.

"Like he said, he's just a 'Simple Mask Salesman!'" The younger boy exclaimed, placing emphasis at the last part by holding both his hands up in peace signs and bending the top of his middle and index fingers twice. "Even though it actually turns out that guy wasn't going to do any of those weird stuff to us after all, he still gives me the creeps!"

"You're not the only one!" The brunettes in the red mask sighed. "But, besides acting all bizarre and creepy like that, in a weird way, he's actually surprisingly wise. I honestly never knew that there are more to these masks than I thought. I even barely knew that there are more masks with with a whole lot of hidden secrets. What do you think, Krishna?"

The moment he heard no response of any kind, he immediately stopped in his tracks and turned to see. His eyes widened in horror upon realizing that the very pale girl was nowhere to be seen.

How could I not notice?! She was holding on to me a few seconds ago?!

Twisting his head to look at his little brother at his other side, he asked "Ashura, have you seen-"

But what made him cut off from his own words was when he found out that his brother too was no longer by his side.

"What the?! Guys?! Where the heck did they ran off to?!"

Whipping his head in all directions, he then began searching for those two little dunces, that's until he heard that all too familiar voice.

"I don't know, Sis! It looks kinda scary!"

Pinpointing the exact location to where he had heard that very voice, he then stopped and let out a sigh of relief when he looked to have found what he was looking for that so happens to be thankfully nearby.