Chapter 26: A Weird Way To Start The Day

There Indra stood in the middle of a forested area with his arms crossed above his chest and his back leaned against a large tree. And sitting near him atop one of the large roots of that very same tree was Krishna herself, both her hands resting on the demonic hannya mask above her lap. Just by looking at both of their positions, the pair looked to be waiting for something, or someone perhaps.

That's until the brunette felt a light tug on his haori.

Turning his head to see, which he eventually found out was just the pale girl, he asked "Yes? What is it?"

I. Thought. You. Said. This. Thing. Will. Happen. At. Night... So.,. Why. Are. We. Going. Right. Now.?.

"Yeah you're right, the real event does happen at night! But while people are preparing for the special night, there's many outdoor stalls selling food, providing carnival games, and many more to add to the festive atmosphere."

Right when she was about to handsign again, Indra noticed she was hesitating a bit, which actually worried him.

But it seemed to have disappeared when she handsigned:

You. Mentioned. That. Festivals. Are. Meant. To. Celebrate. Something.,. Right? So.,. What. Makes. It. Worth. The. Risk. That. Led. You. And. Your. Brother. To. Disappoint. Your.........

She suddenly paused in hesitation, but in spite of that, the brunette knew damn well whom she was talking about.

Tilting his head down to watch the grass below his feet, a small smile then curved in his lips when he quietly said "To tell you honestly, the sole reason why I disobeyed him was not because Ashura and I just wanted to enjoy the festival, we want you to enjoy it with us too. Besides..." Twisting his head to meet with the girl, he continued "I promised didn't I? To make this the best day of your life. You get to spend some quality time with Ashura and I while you still can." His once bright eyes then narrowed into a sad look when he added in a depressing tone "Before he takes you away!"

She knew this would happened, but it was still beyond her understanding why everytime she watches this boy make such face made her do the same. Once again, she hesitated at first and was about to tell him something. But gathering what little courage she had, she was ready to handsign. That's until...

"Hey, I'm back!" A familiar voice echoed across the area.

Lifting both their head towards the source, there they found the all too familiar young boy trotting towards them with something in his hands.

Dragging his heels to a stop as Indra dropped his arms to approach the younger boy, the boy then said "Sorry I took so long, but thankfully it's worth the wait!" Stretching his hands out towards the older boy, he happily added "Here you go!"

Reaching out to recieve it, it was soon revealed to be a pair of zori and tabi. In other words, it's presumably footwear for the girl.

"Ashura, how and where on earth did you get something like this?!"

For some reason, said boy had a sly smirk on his face when he raised his hand to scratch the back of his head and replied in a singing tone "Oh, I have my ways!"

Hearing this caused the older male to arch an eyebrow, suspicion was written all over his face.

Seeming to have recieved the silent message, the younger boy, with his hands raised in defense reassuringly said "But don't worry, Elder Brother! It's not illegal or anything!"

Still having that very same distrustful look on his face, he simply said in the same tone "Right! Anyways..." Turning towards the girl, still silently sitting on the tree's roots, he then knelt down in one knee then added "Krishna, sticky your foot out for me please."