Chapter 32: Morning Begins With Surprises

His vision was a blurr at first, only to slowly began to clear a few blinks later. Indra's head was still spinning though, but it was thankfully less painful than it was last night. Despite the ache as well as how sleepy he was that evening, the memory was still vivid in the brunette's mind.

The last thing he remembered before succumbing into slumber the night before was him lying comfortably on his father's lap. But upon seeing that very ceiling as well as feeling the familiar comforts beneath him, he immediately knew that he was back in his room, which made him assume that his father took him here so that he can rest more comfortably. He slowly tried getting up from his comforters, but what had stopped him from doing so was the feeling of something heavy on his stomach.

I can't get up! Was the very first thought Indra had in his light-headed mind. It's probably just Ashura! That was the last thing he internally said before closing his eyes to return resting probably.

After all, the brothers did share a room, and he remembered that the little idiot always enjoyed snuggling with his big brother. That's until that all too familiar sweet scent of a lotus blossom had filled his nostrils. This caused the boy to snap his eyes wide open and have miraculously fully awaken him then twisted his head to the side to see.

By now, he was generally used to waking up to see his little brother sleeping beside him. However, what he is honestly not used to was seeing a beautiful pale girl sleeping soundly by his side, let alone cuddling against him. The same as always, this made the male's face glow a bright burning red.

Hang on a sec! Does that mean she's been sleeping with me this entire time?! Let alone in my room! He mentally panicked. What am I talking about?! I slept with her before, didn't I?! What am I saying?! It was not like this!

That's when he managed to notice a few things, she was no longer in the kimono he made for her and was now back in her original white robes. Her hair too was no longer in the braid his little brother made the other day, leaving them sprawled all over the futon. Another thing to point out was that the pink hair ornaments that were used to hide the protrusions on her head was nowhere to be seen, allowing those tiny horns of hers to be seen.

Looking down a bit, he soon realized that he too was back in his own ninshu robes. Suddenly, his ears then caught on what sounded like a soft moan. Turning to see, he was eventually left a bit confused when he saw Krishna's face knit into what looked to be a worried expression.

Soon after, he then felt the girl's arm tighten around him, causing him to blush once more. He didn't knew why, but he suddenly had this urge to raise his hand and lightly rub his knuckle against her cheek. Surprising him, the pained look on her face then softened into a look of bliss as she what he thought leaned into his touch.

Soon after, the albino slowly fluttered her eyes open, her pearl white orbs meeting his dark onyx ones. Letting out a yelp, Indra then immediately shot up from where he lied and began backing away from the girl.

"Krishna, y-you're awake!"

As for she, she just slowly got up from the comforters whilst rubbing a knuckle on one tired eye. Slowly composing himself, the brunette's face then turned a light pink and whipped his head to look away in embarrassment probably.

"W-Why are you here?" He hesitantly asked, which the girl tilt her head to the side to signify her confusion. "I mean...you're sleeping here...and...I...uhhh..."

Do. Not. Worry.,. Your. Father. Says. It. Was. Alright...

"R-Really?!" He asked a bit in shock. "I see!"

Suddenly, for some reason, Krishna's brows began to furrow into a sad gaze. This made Indra worried a bit, a single thought had then appeared in his mind.