Chapter 59: Together By The Muddy Pond

Start from the beginning

But eventually, he managed to wake up from his trance and violently shake his head to rid of such horrible thoughts.

What the hell?! I'm acting weird again!

Releasing a long and exasperated sigh, he then used his dry wrist to wipe off the sweat that dripped from his forehead.

It happened a long time ago! So, why now?! Why now of all times?! Why can't I stop thinking about it?! Why can't I just forget it already?! Why can't it just disappear forever?!

*Ribbit!*

And just like that, the sudden sound had woken Indra up from his thoughts. The sound was all too familiar to him, that's why the very moment he heard that sound, a shiver ran through his spine and his body suddenly froze in place. And the shocking part was that there was this expression of unspeakable horror was stuck to his face, his eyes manically widened to the size of dinner plates.

Oh, God! I can't believe I completely forgot! This is a damn pond for goodness sake! So of course there would be...

With a shaky head, Indra turned towards where he had no doubt was the very source of the sudden noise. His fears then came to light the very moment his eyes landed on an all too familiar tiny green creature sitting at a small rock nearby.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking that was simply enough to make a single large woven basket, Krishna then began picking up the many bamboos she had sliced down within her arms. That's until from out of nowhere, she jolted the very moment a loud scream suddenly filled her ears. And what came soon after that was a loud splash of water.

It startled the girl a bit and caused her to drop every single one of the bamboos she was carrying. And afterwards, she then abruptly spun herself towards the nearest place where a splash of water can be heard, and that was none other than the muddy pond itself. Her eyes widened a bit in shock to find that the male was back on dry land. But the strange part was that he was now on the ground and looked to be backing away from the body of water, or something else rather.

Whatever reason it was, that did not stop the female from getting alarmed and quickly push her heels to a sprint towards him.

"S-Stay back!"

As soon as she got close to him, the very first thing she did was fall to her knees and place a hand on his shoulder, seeing to it whether the brunette was alright. She was left a bit shocked to feel his body quivering. It was as if he was fearing for his life.

Or rather, afraid of something.

"Stay away!"

Krishna was left in a bit of confusion to why on earth was the prodigy acting so frightened all of a sudden. That's until she heard an all too familiar low croaking noise coming from before her. Turning her head to see, the worried expression on the girl's face suddenly vanished into a blank one as soon as her eyes landed on what appears to be a tiny green creature standing a few feet away from them.

The small amphibian then let out another croak before hopping close towards the two teens.

"S-Stay...Stay the hell away from me!" Indra yelled once more as he quickly wrapped both his arms around the albino in a tight embrace.

It happened all too fast, the girl was not given the chance to react and was left squished from within the prodigy's strong embrace. In spite of the fact that Indra Otsutsuki was a talented fighter as well as the inventor of ninjutsu, who could've guessed that such mere tiny frog could scare the living daylights out of this genius. Indra was even easily compared to a terrified young child at the very moment.