The simple mention of 'kinslyer' caused the Horseman a mild laughter. "That was milleniums ago. Hell, you or the caged salamander over there weren't even born yet, I reckon."

"I am NOT a salamander.", Ddraig corrected him. Little did he know that soon enough he would much rather have his nickname be salamander than the alternative. 

"How should I put this, i'm getting a deja vu over here.", Hyoudou commented. In truth, he noticed this is more or less any interaction he had with Leon prior. "But again, what are those really?"

     It seems not even Tannin or Ddraig could fully translate the runes on Leon's body so Death was the last viable option. "That's the curse we talked about before, in it's passive state at least. Those runes belong to a dead language."

"Like Latin?", interjected the devil.

"Sure, if Latin had died 5 milleniums ago. Anyway, they more or less describe what Leon experiences right now. For example...", he pointed at the runes spread across Leon's forehead, "These say 'suffocation', which can mean being hanged, drowning, lung truma, asph-"

"I think I got it.", Issei stopped the Horseman mid explanation. He knew how people die of suffocation in various ways and he sure as hell didn't want to find out about new ones from who knows how many milleniums ago. "So this is how he trains, huh. Doesn't that mean he goes through this each night?"

"Yep. For all the past 5 years that I've been with him"

"Oh. That must s-huh?"

From within the forest nearby, sounds of gunshots were echoing, louder and louder, along with the sounds of hooves trempling the ground.

"That must be Bruce Creed, i suppose", assummed the welsh dragon.

"You'd be right. He's out hunting to get the thrill necesarry."

"Is that even enough to work?", Hyoudou was getting all the more interested in this topic of Horsemen and curses.

"It's a matter of how viscious the way he hunts is. Of course, actual people would yield better results, but we can't have Bruce go on a genocide, can we? Can't have Sirzechs' hair turn white from all the stress."

Although the joke is aimed at Rias' brother, Issei didn't hesitate to laugh at it. Besides, he found the unusual calm on Leon's face surprising, considering, more often than not, he has a scowl that doesn't want to leave. 

"Hey, umm, I guess Mist-"

"Piss off with the 'Mister'. I am not some grandpa at a nurcery home. Get on with it."

...

"You're not as friendly as you seemed when you talked with Leon before...", noted Issei. Not even Ddraig acts like this even when annoyed.

"The 2 of us have a special relationship so of course it won't be the same with just anybody. I bet your pet doesn't act the same with someone like Sirzechs."

"Great. From salamander to pet. I was under the impression you were the silent and brooding type.", spoke the caged dragon.

"If you were to do a job you hate, you'd be silent and groomy as well. It's just that it's been really fun tagging along with this guy.", he pointed towards his host.

"Well, it's him I wanted to asked about, actually. How is he usually?", Hyoudou decided to dig a bit deeper while he has the chance.

"I'm not sure we have the same definition of 'usual'. What do you mean?"