𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

Beginne am Anfang

     Alice was just counting down the days until she heard the wedding bells at this point.

     "How about the fifteenth of May?" Lilith questioned as she and Edward were in the middle of the thumb war, the two sitting across from each other in the field that had completely blossomed from its dead state—even during the Winter season, "It gives my parents an extra three months to find an alternative."

     "Do we really need to start picking a date for me to change you into a vampire?" Edward raised an eyebrow, "Why do you want me to be the one to do it?"

     "Because I love you." Lilith responded, "And I trust you more than anyone else." She added as she tried to get ahold of Edward's thumb and pouting because he was letting her win.

     "Turning hurts, Lilith. I love you too much to want to be the one to put you through that pain." Edward explained, "And I don't want to be the one to turn you when I don't want you to be like me either."

     "Would you rather me be a dark witch?" She retorted, "And besides, a moment's worth of pain for an eternal lifetime of happiness sounds worth it to me." She couldn't lie and say that an eternal life with Edward didn't sound blissful. She was in love with him and there was no one else that she would want for her, so a very long life with him sounded perfect.

     "That moment is going to feel like a lifetime. Trust me." Edward pointed out, recalling the time when he turned from when Carlisle bit him and the excruciating pain he was in that felt like it went on for days.

     "You've tried scaring me out of not being with you once before, and it didn't work. I don't think you should try it again." Lilith grunted, dropping her hand and finishing the game, "Why are you so against me becoming like you? You know what's at stake if I don't."

     "As much as I'd love to be selfish and have you by my side forever, I just don't want you to realise one day that you wished you fought a little bit harder for your magic to stay pure and regret being a vampire." Edward explained. He went years hating himself and hating what he was, and he would hate to see Lilith go through that same thing, considering how much she's willing to give up.

     "Maybe one day I'd regret becoming a vampire because I miss being a witch, but, I'd never regret being with you." Lilith told him before leaning in close towards his lips, "And I want you to be selfish." Edward leaned in, stealing a kiss that she gladly gave away before pulling her closer towards his body and flipping them around so she was lying on her back, her hair spread around her angelically, "You didn't answer my question by the way." Lilith brought up and Edward made a confused face, "You didn't tell me your opinion on the date I gave you."

     Edward rolled his eyes because he would much rather be picking a date for a different reason, but he responded to it anyway, "May fifteenth sounds perfect." He then brushed a piece of hair off of her face, "But, I just don't want you to hate what you've become and resent me because of it in the future." He whispered.

     The witch placed both of her hands on either side of Edward's face, "I won't, I promise you that. But, what's it going to take for you to agree to this without having second thoughts about believing me?" She questioned softly, brushing her thumbs against his skin.

     "Marriage." Edward answered bluntly and Lilith's eyebrows raised instantly, "I'm being serious." He added on when he heard her inner thoughts not being sure if he was joking or not.