Chapter 47: Together Again, Together Forever

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, thank you for saving her!"

How many times has his eldest son already surprised him like so? Far too many times to the point of frightening him so to speak. However, this boy was still his son, and he was able to fully recover from the shock. Surprisingly enough, a small smile appeared on Hagoromo's lips when he raised a hand and pet his eldest child's head.

"I have already mentioned this once, but I consider her as family, it's a natural instinct for me to do my uttermost duty take good care of all three of you."

Raising his head just so he could take a glimpse of his youngest son, he then raised his left arm and stretched it out wide open. It seems as though the young Ashura had received his father's silent message and it made his face gleam, a wide and bright smile appearing on his mouth. Immediately abandoning the shattered pieces of the flower vase, he then quickly got up from his place and ran towards his father, giving his father a big embrace as he did the same, wrapping his other arm around the younger boy.

"And once again, the idea of you children ending up separated from each other is quite unbearable for me. I'd rather see all three of you smile and laugh alongside each other than to see any one of you cry alone. That is why..."

Pulling his two sons away from him, he then looked them in the eye with the small smile gone and replaced by a serious look in his eyes.

This was towards his older son especially, he then released a deep breath before he began explaining "There is something important I need to tell you, especially for you, Indra. For what I am about to tell you is regarding you and about your eyes. So you two must carefully listen!"

The two brothers then turned to look at each other, bewilderment was written all over their faces before turning to look back at their father. The two brothers then slightly nodded in unison, signaling the older man that they are ready to listen to whatever the man was about to say.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Sharingan?"

"That's what those things in Elder Brother's eyes are called?"

"There are still a so many questions surrounding the Sharingan, for I was by far the only one who had awakened it, that's until you Indra. It seems my power over the Sharingan has passed down on to you." Averting his attention only towards his older son, he asked "Indra, I must ask, how did you awaken your Sharingan?"

Finding the very response for that question, the images of earlier's horrifying events then flashed throughout the older brunette's mind. Just by simply looking back at them, it made Indra tightly claw on to his sleeve out of the ever-growing anxiety perhaps.

Realizing what he had done, an apologetic look appeared on the sage's eyes when he spoke in a hushed tone "I deeply apologize, I shouldn't have-"

"No, it's fine!" Indra cut him off by simply stating. "If I'm going to know how this power works or how it came to be, we're going to need all the information we need to answer those questions."

"Brother..." Ashura worriedly whispered to himself, his eyes never taken away from the serious and complex expression on his face.

"Before I was even aware that my eyes had changed, I have been having this immense feeling of anger raging inside of me. Maybe it was all because that boar tried to harm Ashura."

As the information slowly processed into his mind, Hagoromo let out a hum as he quietly thought to himself, lightly stroking his beard as he did so.

"Whatever the case, it seems as though the experience of such powerful emotional condition, negative emotions rather brought on by stress had caused the brain to release a special form of chakra that affects the optic nerves, transforming the eyes into the Sharingan. Or so that's what my theory says."