With Eternal Love,

Father

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One Year Later

Every year I gain more experience and knowledge about my working environment, aspiring to improve skills, tactics or fluctuate what is in demand, but most of all I wanted change.

I've served as Commander Shadis's right hand man for some time, and I am grateful to have this opportunity, but I would be a fool to claim Shadis's has made some progress to this branch. I respect his determination to keep fighting, but he lacks the most fundamental item that requires excelling beyond the ordinary....perception........especially on one problem.

Deaths amongst our men and women.

Every expedition outside these walls we loose a fraction of what we started with, and I saw this hole and I wanted to mend it, and with every problem you start with the base of the issue.

Why?

Why is this happening.

I asked myself this question needing an answer, knowing I had to start at the root of the problem to untangle the mess, which beings in the most simplest tactic yet.

Formation and positioning.

Every route and every step had the same repetition from the first Commander himself, noticing this flaw opened a door full of ideas and ways how to improve and alter such a formation, which I crafted a plan naming it.

The Long Distance Plan

I was confident and most assured the idea was bright because it was new and full of potential, but the hardest battle was trying to convince the Commander himself this is the future, and every future there is change.

The only evidence I lack is numbers because I don't have the statistics to make a conclusion what the ratio of survivor's will be.....

I have a theory though what might be the end of this conversation, Shadis will most likely want to test out this strategy before making it official.

But then again........Shadis's isn't me, and he doesn't perceive everything like I do.

"Commander Shadis, I have some issues I would like to discuss with you." I began, clenching the neatly rolled up parchment paper to feel it's sleek material layer my hand, standing in front of the Commander with his body resting on his lounge chair while his lips sipped on his coffee.

"Proceed, Smith." replied Keith hearing annoyance tuned in his voice sounding as dry as though he had sand in his throat, lowering his cup of coffee to rest on the table, feeling a sudden beam of energy filter in me because this very moment would alter history because of my idea.

This is it......I'm rewriting history.

"Sir, I want to address a dilemma this branch has been struggling with since the creation of the Survey Corps. Our death rates." I began explaining, using my palms to start unrolling the paper with cation, as my tongue continued to educate the Commander on my ideals. "I believe the segment that is killing us, is our battle formation." I finished unrolling, where I floated the lightweight paper on his desk to expose all the lines, circles and markers penned on the paper from my hand. "I've noticed that all our previous Commander's have used the same strategy when venturing out into the open fields. A straight line with all the Squads following the Commander at the front." I pointed out, using my index finger to display the poorly sketched soldiers following each other on horses in the line of ducklings as titans came circling toward them. "Instead of keeping the same formation when approaching our destination, why not have each individual team curve at different areas of the titan, furthermore we are riding the same direction, but different squads will be breaking off into different areas." I explained staggering my finger all along the titan, displaying the different routes from straight to curved all it's endpoint is the titan. "Because the soldiers will be at different areas on the map this will provide us a leverage to cover more ground widening our range and surroundings, making it easier to spot any titan, let me give you a scenario. For instance, if a titan is approaching west of the designated direction, the Squad Leader from that direction would blast a smoke signal to warm the others around. This will not only alert the soldiers but the Commander in a short amount of time, furthermore using this tactic in battle I am certain our deaths will be lowered and we can sustain a balanced number."