bernard, marriage 2

Start from the beginning

"I missed you." He mumbled against my shoulder. "Me too." I sighed. Bernard and Miss Aira's wedding was in two months time, and ever since then, both of their mothers had been particularly strict about them both. "Mama keeps forcing me to meet with her." He began with an irritated tone in his voice. "I have to meet with her once every week, and sometimes, she even stays over at my house during the weekends!" He complained.

Though I wasn't really paying attention. Everything he says enters one ear and goes out the other.

I looked down absentmindedly, sadness and anxiety beginning to overwhelm my thoughts. I gripped tightly onto Bernard's hands around my waist in an attempt to keep myself from getting lost in thought.

'This is the day, I'm going to do it...'

I drew in a deep breath before mentally preparing myself. Bernard seemed to notice how I was mumbling to myself, as he suddenly pulled his arms away from my waist to look into my eyes. We stared at each other, his sapphire eyes seemed to peer straight into my soul─which I get was supposed to be comforting, but it was anything but that─as I finally drew in a deep breath and said;

"I can't do this anymore."

Bernard's face contorted into that of pure confusion. "Do what?" He asked. "All... This. What we're doing is wrong!" He gave me an intense look, the feeling of his gentle touches now left my skin as it was replaced with the cold, night air.

"What's wrong with what we're doing?! We love each other don't we? There's nothing wrong with being with someone you love!" He cried out. "Just..." He took a deep breath, tears beginning to gather in his eyes. "Okay, if you don't want this, Just tell me you don't love me... And I'll go." I stared at him, wide-eyed.

"I-I..." I couldn't say it. No, I can't. This was all so heartbreaking.

He suddenly turned his gaze away from me and towards the ground. "Why?" He whispered, his brows furrowing. "I can't go against them, and you know that! I owe everything to them and if it weren't for them I would be dead by now!" I yelled out as I felt the tears starting to run down my cheeks like a waterfall. "Sonata! Please... Just tell me, tell me why!" He pleaded, his arms now gripping tightly onto mine.

"I don't want you to leave me! But if that's what you want, then I'll respect it... but please" His blue orbs shined brightly under the light of the moon, and in those eyes, I saw a mirror─his eyes reflected the emotions in my own─he was the one I wanted, but he's not the one for me.

After a moment of silence, he pulled me into a tight embrace as if he had no intention of letting me go. But this had to be done. I can't risk the family that took me in when no one would, for one guy.

"Your hurting me!" I struggled to pull away from him. "I love you!" He screamed. My whole body shook, from my toes up 'till my head, his words had so much meaning and emotion, that it sent sparks flying through my veins. At that moment, the tears that I fought so hard to hold back, had fallen freely once again.

Bernard gripped tightly onto me, his head resting on my shoulder as he cried. We both stood there, crying and just holding onto one another for what seemed like forever, but I knew, that all good things must come to an end.

I pushed him away with all the strength I could muster, and I tried so hard not to look at the pained expression on his face. "It's better this way." I muttered sadly as I wiped away the tear streaks that ran down my cheeks. I quickly turned around and started making my way towards the main road, the sounds of Bernard yelling my name and pleading for me to turn back was all I heard before I got inside the car that was waiting at the side of the road to pick me up.

"Miss Sonata?" I looked at Kimura, the chauffeur of Miss Rinko whom she ordered I bring with me when I'm going somewhere without her. "Are you alright Miss?" He asked, a concern lacing his voice. I forced myself to nod as I held back more of the tears that threatened to spill once more. "Let's just go back, please."

I looked out the window, and I saw Bernard staring at me with eyes filled with nothing but pure sadness.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Seven months had passed since Bernard and I had stopped seeing each other. With how much he felt towards me, I thought it'd at least be a bit harder for him to move on, but here I was, standing in a grand banquet hosted by Uncle Rakusho, in celebration of his oldest daughter, Misaki Aira─rather, Aira Girikanan's─pregnancy.

Bernard went along with the planned wedding, and in the few months they had gotten to know each other, they became close, nearly inseparable. It was almost hard to believe that Bernard hated Miss Aira so much back then. But when I look at him now, he looks at her like she's some sort of daydream.

It hurt to see them like that, but they're both happy. Bernard, Miss Aira, Sir Aima, Miss Rinko, Uncle... Everyone was happy.

Everyone but me.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          this is so fucking long, i can't even- and
           i got carried away... and... i don't
          know... how's my angst you guys? i've
          tried it before already, and i wanted to
          try it again with this two shot

          i'm pretty sure bernard is ooc af, but
          like... idk why, but it literally took me.
          two days to write this crap. i kept
          delaying it during then bc i was like;
          "what if I make it angst?"
          oopsie

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
05 / 12 / 20