Koneko:"...how?", she finally spoke.

Leon:"It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. You're under the impression you're in the same boat."

Koneko:"We are-"

Leon:"You're not!", He ourspoke her, which made her frustration grow.

    Sleep or no sleep, this was the same Leon that barged in at the elders' meeting the previous day, meaning he meant business.

Koneko:"Explain."

     It's certainly for the better that she is usually quick on the uptake. If this was Asia, there'd be a lot more whining involved.

Leon:"Explain the obvious? She hates her power. You fear it. Done."

Koneko:"That's-..."

     Although she wanted to retort, it was hard spot to do that. After all, the classic 'You don't understand us' wouldn't cut it. Not with someone who bulldozed through fear or hatred.

Koneko:"...I hate this..."

Leon:"Heh...'This'. The atmosphere? The breeze? Me?"

Koneko:"I hate this you."

Leon:"There isn't a this me or that me, Koneko. Only the me."

Koneko:"Then why didn't you tell me? And why my sister?"

Leon:"The better question would be to ask your sister why me? She approached first, although not fully genuine."

...

Koneko:"I don't know what she told you but..."

Leon:"Oh, she told me the exact bullshit  that everyone spews."

Koneko:"They weren't lies."

Leon:"Sure. But they were half truths, and that doesn't make it any better."

Koneko:"...You seem really attached to her.", she took a sit next to the boy, hugging her knees.

Leon:"And you seem to have given up on her too early."

Koneko:"... I've learned the smart one concedes."

     Although she'd be praised by people for that phrase, philosophy isn't straight forward and if you spew lines like that, don't be surprised when you're forced to eat your words. In simpler terms, cue Leon's laughing scene.

    Needless to say, the girl was confused and somewhat irritated.

Leon:"Sigh...you can take so much from us and instead of technology you take the art of saying nothing in many words. What a shame."

Koneko:"...I don't follow."

Leon:"The smart one concedes? Sure. And what's next? Cause the way I see it, the idiot gives up when they're right."

Koneko:"Are you... saying I'm an idi-...", he flicked her forehead.

Leon:"That's exactly what I'm saying, Koneko. Look, I'm not really the kind of guy that gives second chances, but your sister wasn't even given a first one."

...

Koneko:"Do you love my sister?"

Leon:"That's... something I've yet to really answer myself. But I know, at the very least, she's not the monster so many make her out to be. After all, the first time we met, she was watching over you."

Koneko:"... Probably to take me away. Tell me, if it comes down to a bigger conflict with the chaos brigade, who will you prioritize? Me or my big sister?"

Leon:"My family."

Koneko:"But...I was talking about us."

Leon:"Then you clearly don't comprehend my answer."

Koneko:"Bu-"

Leon:"Enough, Koneko. You have a big day ahead. Your bed is calling."

     Perhaps she had a lot more to say to her upperclassman, but he wouldn't have it. After all, he prefers having such discussions in private, not with people watching from the shadows.

     As the little kitty went back inside, the observed revealed themselves. A worried king it would seem.

Leon:"Beautiful morning we're having, ain't that right, Rias?"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Rias:"You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Leon:"I have no idea what you are talking about, not in the slightest."

Rias:"Is that so?"

       They starred into each other's eyes. It wasn't romantic in any way, or at least it didn't feel like it, but you could say it was one of the few moments the 2 heirs would relate to one another.

Rias:"Sigh... enjoy your free time..."

     She did a 180 and walked towards the door, probably heading for her room or Koneko's, but that wasn't any of Leon's concern.

Leon:"Much appreciated for the silence.", He wasn't sarcastic and the girl knew that.

    As she grabbed the doorknob behind her, she uttered a few more words, something she meant to get off her chest for a while.

"Thank you...for everything."

To be continued...