"You've been working on new ones, I see," he said. "I like them. "Well, the ones I can understand, I mean."

"Recently I can't write even a full verse without getting stuck," I confessed. "I can still do the instrumental as always, but it's like I have suddenly run out of lyrics."

"How do you expect to be able to write anything when you can't even organise your thoughts," he said sitting up and grabbing my hand. 

"You could have been more subtle. I have feelings, you know?" I said rolling my eyes. 

He then pulled me so I laid down beside him and leaned down so our lips nearly touched but didn't.

"I've realised I'm basically always the one initiating the kisses or the 'I love you's, you know? I wasn't going to point it out but maybe now it's the moment," he said.

"You have always been more straightforward than me. Remember the first day we met."

"Are you really not going to say it?"

"Why is it so important?"

He then seemed to be pissed off and tried to sit down properly but I grabbed both sides of his face and kissed him before he could.

"I love you," I said with a smile.

"I hate that you are so cute. I can't stay mad at you for long."

"You love it, don't lie," I said and pecked his lips, smiling brightly.

Just then, my phone rang and Jisung moved away so I could stand up to grab it, but it was closest to him so he picked it up to hand it to me and looked at the caller ID.

"Your mum?" he asked confused. "Oh, shit! It's a videocall."

"Just stay there and don't say anything," I told him and quickly smoothed out my hair before picking it up. "Hello, mum!"

(A/N: Cursive means English, bold means Mandarin)

My mother was on her working desk surrounded by the piles of paperwork that I was used to seeing a lot where I was younger, but my dad was nowhere to be seen.

"How are you?" she asked me. "I was waiting for you to call since it is time for our monthly call but you didn't."

"Sorry, we had an award show today," I told her.

"Oh, right, Mrs Wang told me. I forgot," she said. "How was it? Did you have fun?"

"Yes, it was fun. We got to show our latest songs, so it was nice. We also won some awards, I got one for best-"

Before I could finish, her office phone rang, so I knew it must have been something about work and shut up.

"Just a second," she said and picked it up. "Hello? Oh, yes. I was working on that right now. Did you talk to Mr Acker?"

She then handed her phone to someone and motioned with her hand that she would call me later, which made me sigh. Jisung noticed that and grabbed my hand, so I sent him a small smile.

"I'll tell her to call you later, alright?" Mrs Wang, the maid, said.

Mrs Wang was a Chinese woman that had been working for my parents since back when they lived in Beijing. She had a daughter only three years older than me and, since my parents were very fond of her, they helped her pay her studies and was attending Cambridge University to study law. I used to play a lot with her daughter since we were about the same age and my parents were always busy or away on trips, so Mrs Wang was almost like my second mother.