58.

"Oh, sir, I didn't hear you come in!" I said standing up and bowing.

"Please, don't do that," he said frowning and sat down on his desk.

"Do what?" I asked him confused.

"Calling me 'sir'. I hate it," he answered. "If I gave you the "you can be in my office even if I'm not there" card it's for a reason. Only you and Soojin have it."

"Am I from such an elite group?" I joked and sat down on the chair in front of him. "Anyways, I came here to show you the song for SM. If you like it, you can send it to them along with the dance video."

"You also created a dance? In such a short time?" he asked me shocked. "I'm impressed!"

Without another word, I handed him a flash drive with the song and he opened the video with the dance to check both things at the same time. As always, he didn't say anything and just checked it carefully to make sure he didn't miss a thing.

When it came to an end, he thought about what to say for a second as he looked at me before finally speaking.

"Okay, first of all, the song was amazing and I think it really suits the style that SM wants for SuperM," he said. "Second of all, I really want to praise you, Alix. You are one of the most well-rounded artists I have met. You can sing, rap, dance and compose. I don't say this lightly, but I truly believe that if one day you and Soojin decide to create an agency together, the rest of us might as well just retire."

I was both shocked and amused by his statement. I couldn't believe he was praising me that much and much less that he just confessed to me that he saw Soojin and me as potential threats in the future.

"Don't worry, I will stay loyal to JYP," I said and did a finger heart. 

"Yes, that's what you all say when you start," he said with a chuckle. "Anyways, I think the song is ready to be sent to SM, so I will make sure to get someone to hand it over to them by tomorrow."

"Thank you," I said bowing lightly. "Also, I wanted to thank you for your support both as an artist and as a person. Being so far away from my family, you are the closest thing to a fatherly figure I have."

"In JYP we are a family, you know that, and family needs to take care of each other," he told me. "I don't know if you know, but you are present everywhere in the company recently."

"Me? Why would I be?" I asked him.

"Everyone is talking about how you defended Mina during the meeting when you have never even met her," he explained. "At first it was something only talked about among the staff, but it soon reached the trainees too and, therefore, the artists."

"I just did what had to be done. Not knowing her personally is irrelevant," I reasoned. "Mina is going through a rough time and needs as much support as she can possibly get."

"You should see yourself right now," JYP said. "I guess you are making a great change both inside and out. I like this new Alix."

"Thank you," I said smiling. "Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go back to the dorm."

I then stood up and went towards the door but he stopped me before I did so.

"One last thing. Would you mind if I recommend you as a composer and producer?" he asked me. "Sometimes people come to me asking for recommendations on different composers and producers and I was wondering if you wanted me to recommend you. You already have a pretty long resume, but now you would be able to get money from the royalties just like with Itzy and ResQ."

"Sure, why not?" I said shrugging. "I have too many unused songs waiting for an owner. It would be nice to hear them playing on the radio or music shows sometime."

ººº

The next day, at about noon, I received a call from JYP while the girls and I were watching the television at home. Excusing myself, I went to my bedroom since I knew it would be about the song for SM, so I wanted to be alone when receiving the news.

"I have great news for you," JYP said after I picked up the call.

"Please, tell me they liked it!" I pleaded.

"They did! Alix, you are finally free!" 

After he said that, I began jumping up and down happily, which definitely didn't go unnoticed by the girls, who rushed inside my room to check what was going on.

"Was it a yes?!" Soojin asked me.

"It was!" I exclaimed.

They then all quickly wrapped me in a tight hug and we exclaimed happily for a few seconds until I realised that I hadn't hung up the call, when we stopped so I could speak to JYP.

"Sorry about that..." I said embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it," he said and laughed. "Go out for dinner tonight with the girls and boys and bring me the receipt tomorrow. See it as my congratulations gift. Have fun!"

"Thank you!" I said before hanging up.

"What did he say?" Mika asked me this time.

"He is inviting us for dinner tonight with the boys!" I answered.

We then jumped up and down happily again before we all left the dorm and ran upstairs to tell the boys the good news.

We knocked on the door and rang the bell at the same time, so the boys opened up quickly, scared that something had happened.

"What's wrong?" Jeongin asked us. "Did something happen?"

"Yes, something amazing happened!" I said stepping inside directly. "Boys, come out of your rooms! Quickly!"

All of them rushed out of their rooms after hearing my impatience and quickly gathered around the girls and me.

"Guys, it's now official. I'm officially free from SM!" I exclaimed with a very big smile.

Just as with the girls, everyone jumped up and down quickly and Jisung tackled me in a hug that almost made both of us fall. He then picked me up and spun me around, making me laugh, before putting me down again and letting the rest congratulate me too.

I just couldn't be happier.