55.

The next morning, I woke up extra early to start working on the song. I had decided to try to do it as quickly yet as perfect as possible and that meant I had to be in my best state both physically and mentally.

Having woken up at five in the morning, I started working on some parts of the song, waiting for a while until I ate something for breakfast. At about seven, I decided it was time for a break and went to the kitchen to pick up a banana.

"Where are you going this early in the morning?" Leah asked me since she had already woken up too and was eating her breakfast. "If you are going to be working, you should sleep well."

"Don't worry, I did sleep well," I assured her. "I have been working for a while now and was thinking about going to the gym after I finish breakfast."

"I would go with you, but I'm super tired, to be honest. I also have to meet up with one of our backup dancers today since she wanted to discuss some things and we are friends," she told me. "If you don't mind waiting, you can go when one of the other girls wakes up."

"Leah, I wanted to talk to all of you about that," I said and sat down in front of her on the table. "I... I don't think you need to control my meals and my exercise anymore."

"Why not? I don't want to sound rude, but you still are too skinny and all," she said carefully.

"I didn't mean it in that way. It's just... I think I want to try to do it on my own. I want to start thinking about myself more. To put myself first, in a way," I tried to explain. "I don't know if you get what I mean."

"I totally do," she said with a smile, "and I must say I am extremely happy about that."

She then stood up and approached me, leaving me confused until she hugged me very tightly.

"I'm so happy that you are slowly but steadily becoming the best version of yourself. You do not understand how happy I am," she told me. 

That whole situation made me remember one of the first days after I arrived at the dorm when I honestly thought Leah didn't like me at all. She was the member with which I interacted with the least, so we didn't really know each other that well. I had been thinking for the longest time she didn't like me at all but there she was, telling me she was happy that I was becoming the best version of myself.

"Thank you, Leah," I just told her tearing up. "Really, thank you."

"You are like my little sister, okay? I don't care if we haven't known each other for that long and I don't care if we haven't been that close ever since you arrived. You are and will always be my little sister and I am very proud of you," she said. 

After that, she pulled away from the hug and held my hands, staying still for a second. She had teary eyes yet was smiling brightly, and I felt myself doing the same too.

"It's this early in the morning yet here we are!" she joked and dried her eyes with the back of her hand. "Honestly, though. I wanted you to know that I am here just like the rest of the girls if you need anything."

"Thank you, big sister," I told her.

It was the first time I had called any of the girls my sister and I honestly felt very warm inside after saying that. I had really been dwelling over the past for all of that time and didn't realise I had just what I needed next to me. I was blind to the perfect and oblivious to the worthy. 

"I will go to the gym now," I said standing up. "If anyone asks, just tell them I will be back by ten, alright?"

ººº

After I was done using the gym in the JYP, I made my way downstairs to leave the building but I heard a faint sound of instruments coming from the band room and decided to check who was there.

Of course, Day6 was there rehearsing. I had heard they would be having a comeback in October, so they were probably rehearsing one of their new songs.

As the door had a small window, I looked from the outside and listened to them. It sounded amazing in all levels and I really wanted to learn the song.

"Someone is there, guys!" Dowoon said pointing towards the door.

I immediately ducked down so they wouldn't see me and leaned on the door so, when Sungjin opened the door, he pushed me and nearly slammed me on the wall. He thankfully stopped before that happened and checked behind the door, seeing me there.

"Who are you?" he asked me confused. "Were you spying on us?"

"S-sorry," I apologised bowing lightly. "I just heard you playing and wanted to listen. I shouldn't have done that.

"Who is it, Sungjin?" I heard Jae ask as he too went out of the room. 

"I don't know," Sungjin answered.

Jae then saw me and chuckled, sticking his hand out to help me stand up.

"Sungjin, it's the new girl from ResQ, Alix. You should know your family!" Jae joked. "Why did you hide, Alix?"

"I shouldn't have been spying on you, sorry..." I apologised yet again.

"Don't worry about it," he told me with a smile. "Why don't you come in? I know you are a fan of our type of music, so you could give us some feedback."

"Would that be okay?" I asked him. "I don't want to bother."

"Just come inside!" YoungK exclaimed as he motioned me to go inside with a smile.