26.

"Wow! This song is amazing!" Soojin exclaimed excitedly as the girls sat on the couch at the studio and listening to the song I had made for my duet. "Who do you think JYP will make you sing it with? It has to be someone who can rap a little as well as sing."

"Well, it still needs to get his approval," I told her. "And I also need to record a decent demo because I can barely reach the low notes belonging to the boy's part."

Of course, I already knew who I wanted to sing it with but I was also a little worried about him not liking the song at all. It was meant to be something special but it could turn out as a flop in the end. 

"Just ask one of them to come here and help you," Leah told me. "I think the boys just came back from their rehearsal, so I can call Changbin and ask him to come."

"Sure, call whoever," I said and turned back to the computer to prepare everything for the mini recording session.

Leah then went out of the room to call him as the rest of the girls were talking rather loudly commenting the song and some aspects of it that they particularly enjoyed. I was happy that they were all liking it, since it held a special meaning to it, unlike some other songs that I simply wrote because I felt like doing so or because I thought about a story.

"Okay, apparently Changbin's taking a shower but Jisung is on his way with Minho," Leah said coming back.

"What?!" I exclaimed not realising how loud I was. "Jisung? Han Jisung?"

"Y-yes? Why the shock?" she asked confused. "Is there any other Jisung I have no clue about or...?"

"No, it's just... Nevermind," I said and stood up to approach them. "Are you one hundred per cent positive the song is good? You really wouldn't change even a single note or word of it?"

"We wouldn't," Mika said. "Alix, what's wrong? Why are you so nervous all of a sudden? Did we miss something?"

Just then, the doorbell rang and Lin stood up to go let the boys inside. My heart was beating really fast but I tried to control myself and simply sat down while grabbing the guitar and holding it tightly.

When the boys came in, Minho quickly jumped onto the couch and sat next to Leah so he could lay down on the side. Jisung, on the other hand, simply greeted the girls and approached Soojin.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked her. "Did you take your medicine?"

"Yes, I did. Thank you," she answered him. "We still have a night out pending! Don't think I've forgotten."

"Yes, we'll talk about that another time," he said as he turned towards me, something that even seemed to shock the girls and Minho. "So, you finally got inspiration?"

"Yes. I came up with an idea when we came back this morning," I answered shyly.

He then sat down on the chair in front of me and grabbed the guitar from my hands, putting it away since he seemed to know why I had it from the previous time.

"Let's hear it, then. I'm curious," he said and I turned to press play.

When the chorus arrived and he heard 'runaway', he immediately turned towards me with a smile, which made me blush and look down. Thankfully, I was facing the computer and not the girls and Minho, which would have made it even more embarrassing.

As our chairs were right next to each other, we were blocking the other's view. Jisung used that to his advantage and, as I had my hand on top of the mouse still, he placed his hand on top of it and grabbed it.

Shocked by his action, I turned towards him to ask him why he did that but he didn't look at me and just smiled as he looked at the computer screen.

When the song finally finished, Minho suddenly started clapping from the couch and that made both of us turn towards him and, therefore, he stopped holding my hand.

"I loved it. Lovey-dovey but still good," Minho said. "Nine out of ten."

"And the remaining point?" I asked him.

"Half of it is because nothing's perfect and the other half is because it's a practically a love song that isn't dedicated to anybody," he explained. "I mean, we all know you love me but we also know you aren't dedicating this to me, which adds to the reason why it will never be perfect."

After he said that, Lin hit him with one of the pillows.

"Thank you," I said to her while the others laughed. "Minho, if I wanted to commit suicide I would climb up to your ego and drop as much as Cube's stock price."

That made them all laugh even harder and I was glad that Minho didn't get offended by it and even laughed alone. I was happy to have the freedom to make jokes like this with them knowing they wouldn't take it the wrong way.

"What do you think of it, Jisung?" Lin asked him. "Did you like the song or you too think it isn't perfect?"

"I think it's as perfect as it can be," Jisung said looking at me. "I wonder what inspired it."

"Well, I guess you'll never know," I said joining him on his joke that the others didn't understand. "Shall we listen to it a few more times and record it?"

"Sounds like a plan!"