11.

The days continued with the girls and I working a lot and getting things done. We had also recorded the music video already, so all that was left was for us to do our showcase the following day.

We were all very nervous because this comeback wasn't what the girls were used to doing at all and it definitely wasn't the style I was most comfortable with. Still, we were happy with the results and enjoyed the songs and dances, so it was just a matter of getting used to it.

When we decided to go and rest for a few minutes before continuing the rehearsal, we all made a circle to chat.

"I don't want to sound nosy but, tell us about you and Winwin. I'm pretty curious. Is he as child-like and innocent as he is on videos?" Leah asked me. "Okay, that definitely sounded nosy."

"Don't worry about it," I assured her. "To answer your question simply, he sometimes exaggerates his child-like demeanour but he is, overall, very cute and sweet, yes."

"I don't want to sound offensive in any way but I honestly just can't imagine you two together. You just seem so... Different," Mika told me.

"I know, don't worry," I told her. "We are different in many ways but also very similar in others. Our demeanour and appearance conveys opposite things but we have a very similar way of seeing life and, most importantly, of seeing our love of dance and music. That was what ultimately united us."

"You sound like you still like him," Soojin told me.

"That's because we didn't break up due to us not liking each other anymore but rather because of work reasons as well as distance," I explained. "To put it simply, I haven't gotten over him because there is actually no reason for me to get over him. Sometimes it almost feels like we are still dating since we are always talking or chatting."

Almost as if on cue, I received a video call from Winwin and I quickly looked around the room trying to see if there were any cctv cameras around of any sort.

"What are you looking for?" Mika asked me confused.

"Any type of cameras," I told her.

"Don't worry, there aren't any," she told me.

I then picked up the call and did a thumbs up sign, something we both did to signal we could speak comfortably and that no one who could say anything was there to listen to us.

"You look different, Alix!" he said in Chinese. "Seeing you without black hair is strange."

"But do you like it?" I said flipping my hair like in the ads and making him laugh. "How have you been? Are the boys okay? How are Ten, Lucas and Kun?"

"Firstly, I love your hair like this. I think it really suits you. Secondly, they all are okay. Ten is here along with Yangyang and Xiao Jun."

He then flipped the camera and they all greeted me. I was very happy to see them even if it was just through a screen.

"How about your groupmates?" Sicheng asked me.

"Oh, they are here with me. We were rehearsing," I told him and turned the camera too so the girls could greet him. "Lin and Soojin speak Chinese."

"Oh, Zhu Lin!" Winwin and Ten exclaimed.

"We didn't know you two were in the same group! I didn't realise you too were in ResQ!" Ten said switching to Korean.

"Finally I can understand something!" Leah exclaimed making us laugh.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it? I'm glad you are all doing very well," Lin told them ignoring Leah. "I really loved the dance you two posted the other day on YouTube it was amazing!"

"What dance?" I asked her confused before turning to the camera. "What dance?"

"You haven't seen it?!" Ten exclaimed. "Winwin even told me he was dedicating it to you!"

"He didn't tell me anything!" I reasoned. "I can't believe it!"

"I-" Winwin said trying to come up with an excuse but not finding any. "Okay, I just didn't want to say it was dedicated to you, you know? We are meant to have broken up and all."

"You are an idiot," I told him before checking the clock. "We need to continue rehearsing now, but I'm going to watch that video before doing so."

"Don't kill me, okay?" he said doing a cute pose.

"I'll regret it if I don't, that's for sure, but I'll spare your life this time," I told him. "I'll hung up now. Tell the others I said hi."

"I will," Winwin said. "Goodbye. I love you."

"I love you too," I said before hanging up.

As soon as I did that I began searching for the video on my phone not noticing the complete silence that had appeared after hanging up the call. I only really noticed it when Mika coughed.

"I- I love you?" she said making me look up. "You both said I love you, right? I'm not hearing things nor translating it wrongly, right?"

"They did," Soojin said just as shocked. "What the hell?! Didn't you two break up?"

"Did we say that?" I asked them confused. "Oh, yes. We did. I didn't even notice. Pay it no mind. It was just unconscious."

"So you you were already in that stage before breaking up?" Soojin asked me. "Oh god, I'm sorry for you both."

"No, please!" I told her. "It's okay. It's not like it is the end of the world. I'm sure it was for the best. We both need to concentrate on our professional careers and a long-distance relationship would just be in the way. It's better to just stay as best friends."

The girls decided to drop the subject there as they sensed I was still a little sensitive about it no matter what I had told them.

Finally, I watched the dance video, even more curious since he had said he wanted to dedicate it to me.