1.

The first day I went to the ResQ dorm after the staff had taken all of my things to that building was beyond awkward. 

Yeji, who was apparently friends with Soojin, had volunteered herself to come with me to make things less awkward but that still didn't work.

"Don't be nervous, Alix," she assured me. "They are really great girls as well as very friendly. I am sure you will get along just fine."

"It's just... They were already friends and all... It feels like I am just in the middle of everything," I confessed. "I really want to get along with them."

"You will, don't worry," she said and grabbed my hand. "I know you have felt really troubled ever since JYP dropped you out of the Itzy debut plan but you shouldn't feel discouraged. Things happen for a reason and maybe this was your fate."

"I just hate how I could have debuted with all of you yet will end up with people whom I have never met. I'm sure they are good girls but they are all already friends. What if I just don't fit in?" I told her as we went inside the building.

"Don't worry, Alix. You will be just fine," she said and knocked on their door.

After a few seconds later, the door opened and Mika appeared right in front of us with a smile on her face.

"Hello, Yeji!" she said smiling at her before turning towards me. "You must be Wu Alix. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, Mika," I said bowing. "Please, take care of me."

"Please, come in!" She said stepping to the side. "Lin sadly isn't here currently as she is in China, so you will get to meet her in a month or two, sorry."

"Don't worry about it," I told her.

When I saw the living room, I was completely awestruck. Although they made a lot of V-live videos, they never did them inside the dorm, so I had never seen it before. It almost felt like I was in a mansion.

"Soojin and Leah went out for a second, so let me show you the dorm first," she said. "You can come with us or stay here, Yeji. I don't mind."

"I will just see her room and go back, thank you," Yeji told her. "I need to rehearse with the girls."

Mika then showed me their rooms and the bathroom as well as the kitchen before showing me my new room.

It was a very big room that had a studio section at the right side, a couch in the middle of the room with a table and a small television and then a bunk bed and a small wardrobe on the other side of the room. It was really beautiful and the studio section definitely felt like a dream.

"I guess no one really expected you to join the group so we had to improvise something," she said referring to me having to sleep at the studio. "I'm sorry..."

"No, don't worry," I told her. "Will I be able to use the studio?"

"I don't see why not," she told me. "Still, ask Soojin and Lin since basically everything here is their's."

"Okay, thank you," I said and left my things on the lower bunk bed.

"I'll go now, Alix," Yeji told me. "You can always call me if you need anything, alright?"

"Alright. Tell the girls I said hi," I told her before she finally left.

Once she was gone, Mika and I fell into an uncomfortable silence since neither of us knew what to say. She had already showed me around and I already knew who the other girls were, so there was basically nothing else she could say.

"Our manager is on vacation now," she said breaking the silence. "I think he went with his family somewhere, so I don't know when you will be able to meet him. His name is Youngjae and he is a really good man. He's very friendly and takes care of us a lot."

"I see..." I told her not knowing what else to answer.

"Well, I will leave you to unpack," she said. "I will tell you when the girls are back. If you need anything just tell me."

"Yes, thank you," I told her. "Wait! Do you all mind if I play music?"

"What do you mean?" She asked me confused.

"I always play some background music and know it can drive some people mad, so I was wondering if you minded if I had my music playing all of the time," I explained.

"As long as it is at a decent volume I don't care. We sometimes do it too, so it's alright," she said. "Well, I will now leave."

She then finally left and closed the door, so I picked up my phone to play some music.

Even though my parents were Chinese and I lived in Korea for many years, I had been born and raised in the United Kingdom so my music taste was greatly influenced by that. I listened to a lot of rock music as well as some rap in English and my favourite artists included Machine Gun Kelly, Yungblud and Mötley Crüe. Some people were really shocked to hear that since I was training in a Korean agency to enter the Kpop world which is basically the complete opposite to what I liked to listen to, but I really enjoyed playing with genres and mixing elements together to create new music styles.

Once I was done unpacking, it took less than five minutes for Mika to knock on the door yet again.

"The girls are here," Mika told me and I turned off my music and went to the living room to meet them.

The three of them reminded me a lot of each other but at the same time were really different. Their hairs were all basically identical with only the colours differentiating them and the clothing styles were also similar although Mika and Leah's were more feminine.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Wu Alix, the new member," I introduced myself. "Please take care of me."