28.

With JYP's words still lingering in my mind, Leah, Lin and I called Yeongjae so he came to pick us up to go to the showcase. We had thankfully finished the meeting just a few minutes before it began, so we would probably just miss the initial talk and maybe one song.

"Did it go well?" Yeongjae asked us as we were in the car. "Were all of the songs accepted?"

"They were!" Leah exclaimed excited. "He was extremely pleased with them!"

"Especially with your's!" Lin told her. "He hadn't even finished listening to the intro when he gave it a yes!"

"For real?!" Yeongjae asked us shocked and we nodded. "That's really unlike him! He must have really loved it."

As they talked, I leaned against the window with my earbuds on as I listened to some music. It wasn't my usual style, but rather more relaxed and calm music, so I was still able to listen to their conversation although I didn't really pay attention to it.

JYP's timing definitely was the absolute worse in every possible situation, it seemed. He had to precisely choose the moment in which I was more confused about my own feelings towards Jisung to make us look all lovey-dovey on stage.

"Earth to Alix?" Leah said waving her hand in front of my eyes. "We arrived already. Come on, let's go!"

Immediately coming back to my senses, I took off my earbuds and hopped off the van. 

Since we had gone through the backdoor, no one saw us until we were inside the venue itself going towards where Mika and Soojin were standing. The showcase had already begun and the boys were talking about the album, so they were startled when the fans began screaming.

"Did we say something that interesting?" Chan joked. "What happened?"

The fans then began pointing towards the girls and I and Chan asked the staff to dim the lights slightly so they were able to see. Once they did so,  all of the boy's eyes widened seeing the five of us there.

"I see you were able to make it!" Woojin said. 

I then noticed Jisung stood up from his stool and waved towards us with a very big grin on his face. He really was cute when he wanted to.

The staff then handed us a microphone and Leah picked it to speak to them.

"Sorry for the interruption, boys!" she said and the three of us bowed towards them. "Please, continue with the showcase. We will be cheering for you."

Leah then handed the microphone back to the staff and the three of us finally sat down with Soojin and Mika. I was sitting down right at the opposite side from them so I didn't hear Soojin calling me until Lin tapped my leg to get my attention.

"Come here!" Soojin told me and I did so. "What's going on between Jisung and you?"

"Between us? Nothing. Why?" I asked her confused. "And why are you asking this to me now?"

"Look at him," she said pointing to a smiling Jisung who was looking at the crowd but seemed to stop where we were for far longer. "Do you notice anything weird?"

"No...? I really don't get what you mean," I told her.

"He seemed to be really distracted since the showcase began. It was clear that he was really working hard to deliver a great performance, but he looked out of it," she told me with a cheeky grin. "But right after the three of you came he has been like this."

"Maybe he was just glad to see the three of us! We all are his friends, after all," I told her. "You are just jumping to conclusions."

"Jumping to conclusions, my ass," Leah chimed in. "We've been his friends for a while now and he has never been that happy to see us. If you don't see what we see it's because you don't want to."

"See what? I don't get why him being happy because his friends were able to make it to his showcase has to mean anything else apart from that," I told them. "Really, girls. You see things that aren't there."

After that, I went back to my seat but I could see from the corner of my eye Leah facepalming and Soojin shaking her head. I decided to just ignore them and go back to watching the showcase but, at the same time, I really tried to get what the girls tried to tell me.

Sure, he was looking at us, but so were the rest of the boys. Looking at someone doesn't mean anything at all and I really couldn't understand why they were making such a big deal out of it. Sure, Jisung seemed to be happier after we came, but every normal person would after seeing their friends at a special event like that one.

When the boys were backstage changing their clothes to finally perform the title track, I really needed to go to the bathroom and told the girls I needed to go for a second before running towards the nearest bathrooms that, since we were granted access to the whole venue -including the backstage- were just by the boy's changing rooms.

When I went inside the bathroom, no one saw me, which was a plus since seeing a girl running for her life towards the bathroom probably would look weird. When I finished and went out, though, Jisung was approaching the bathrooms.

"Alix!" He exclaimed when he saw me and ran towards me. "Why are you here?"

"I just needed to use the bathroom," I answered him.

He then gave me a tight hug that definitely shocked me. Still, I quickly responded to it and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I'm glad you made it. I need my number one supporter with me!" he said as he pulled away but still held my hands. "What did JYP say about the song?"

"Are you sure this is the best time to talk about that? You need to go back to the stage in a minute," I said with a chuckle.

"If I'm talking to you, any time is the best time," he said with a grin swinging his hands.

"You are an idiot, " I told him and we both laughed. "But, for real, you need to go back to the stage. We'll talk about it later."

"Alright, fine," he said and kissed the top of my head before walking backwards to where the rest of the boys were. "Make sure to cheer for me now, okay? You can cheer for the rest too but I want my cheers to be louder!"

"Alright, yours will be louder," I said with an idiotic smile on my face. "Fighting!"