89.

(CURSIVE MEANS ENGLISH)

Shanghai was honestly a blast. It was great to be in China with the girls doing programs and doing the concert but it was even better to see how welcoming the Shanghainese fans were. Since Lin was the queen of China I thought I should just let her do most of the talking and all, but I was surprised to see many people actually wanting me to speak too and holding banners with my name. It was something I had never even thought of but it made me feel warm and welcome in ways I never imagined. I guess doing the program with WayV helped too.

One of the biggest problems I had was that I was born in the United Kingdom but my parents were Chinese and I spent pretty much all of my life in Korea, so I didn't have a defined nationality and didn't know what to answer when people asked me the question "Where are you from?". Feeling welcome in Korea and now in China made me feel that maybe I didn't need to identify myself with one nationality. I was just me.

After the Shanghai concert, we had to go to Beijing, a place that I was far more familiar with thanks to my parents. There I was also going to have an interview for the youtube channel 'Korean Englishman', a channel that I had actually followed for a while. It was shocking to see that we would be doing the interview in Beijing instead of in Korea, but I guessed it was just a matter of matching schedules. I would also be the only one doing the interview, so I was shocked and worried that I would mess it up.

I had to meet them at 'Saveurs de Corée', a restaurant where I had actually never been. I was expectant to see how it would be like but also knew that it was an easy win since it was Korean food and I absolutely loved it, especially spicy food.

When I got there with Yeongjae, we were around ten minutes early. They were still setting everything up and were shocked to see I was there, but I just greeted them with a handshake.

"Hello, I'm Wu Alix. Nice to meet you," I told them.

"Hello, I'm Josh. Nice to meet you too," Josh said.

"And I'm Ollie. Nice to meet you," Ollie said in broken Korean.

"Since we are all British, let's just speak comfortably. Is it okay with you?" I said in English.

"Oh, god, yes, thank you," Ollie said making me laugh.

"We didn't expect you to be here this early. If we had known, we would have started setting things up earlier," Josh apologised. "Sorry for making you wait."

"It's no problem, don't worry. I just prefer being a little early just in case," I explained. "I'm pretty nervous, not gonna lie. It's my first interview by myself."

"Try to think of it as less of an interview and more of... a chat with friends?" Ollie suggested.

"Ollie! We've just met her! We aren't friends!" Josh scolded him. "I'm very sorry."

"No need to be sorry. I actually don't mind it at all," I assured him. "Thank you, Ollie."

"See?!" Ollie said and we all walked towards the table where they were preparing everything. 

Since they had still to do a few things, I sat down where they told me to and seized the opportunity to call Jisung. I had been calling him every day, although never at the same time since we both had busy schedules, and he was very supportive all of the time and asking how I was doing.

"Hello?" he said picking it up and I noticed Double Knot playing in the background. "Alix?"

"Bad timing?" I asked him. "If you are rehearsing, I can call you later."