Chapter 29: The Star Lovers

Picking up a single tiny pink lotus flower from above the water's surface, a pair of swirling eyes starred down at the small brightly colored flower

Picking up a single tiny pink lotus flower from above the water's surface, a pair of swirling eyes starred down at the small brightly colored flower. Afterwards, he then placed the flower back atop the glistening water, allowing it to float away along with it's fellow blossoms. Now neatly sitting on the soft grassy earth, before him stood a familiar lotus lake.

His mysterious purple eyes starred out at the very magnificent sight before him. Since it was day at the very moment, instead of the moon, the sun was the very light source that reflected upon the lake. If the glowing moon made the lake sparkle at night, the shining sun made the entire thing glisten.

However, in spite of the fact the sight before him was breathtakingly beautiful, the sad expression was surprisingly noticeable on his stern face. Suddenly, the events from last night then flashed through his mind. The images of the hateful look on his eldest son's face, the terrified watery eyes of his younger child and worst of all, the image of his very own hand that nearly harmed his own son.

Gently folding his eyes to a close as he released a breath, he then slowly stood up from where he sat. The moment he opened his eyes once more, that's when he noticed that the sun was ever so slowly beginning to disappear from behind the mountains. This made the once blue sky change into a flaming bright orange.

This signified that that the day was almost coming to a close and eventually turn into the dark evening

------------------------------------------------------------

Back from within the village festivities, with his head tilted up and pointing towards the heavens, the familiar brunette in a red mask too was able to notice that the night was almost nigh.

"Huh! Looks a lot like the day has gone faster than I expected it would!"

"Hey, Elder Brother!"

Dropping his head to turn towards the source, he then found a familiar pair running towards him, the male of the two looked to have something in his hands.

"Look what Sis and I just won!" Ecstatically cheered the young brunette as he stretched both his arms towards his older brother for him to see.

Upon closer inspection, he soon found out that it was a small bowl of water. And within that tiny bowl of water swam what looked to be three tiny fish spawns.