Xen

"Robin, thank you, and well said.

    "...Today," I continued, "we are taking this final time to reflect over the sad events which recently destroyed the world. More importantly, I feel we should not look back, ever again. Now we should only look to the future. We have to," I shrugged, with my face probably resolute with despair.

    "For there is a grander task ahead, even with all that we have accomplished.

    "In the words of The Great Elder, Mandela, 'After climbing a great hill, one only realizes that there are many more hills to climb.'

    "And so, children of tomorrow, I will explain a personal sentiment that has been my mantra - something my fùqīn often told me... 'Everything we can achieve in life is on the other side of fear. Embrace sacrifice,' he used to say with gravitas. 'Be brave. Take risks and make leaps.'

    "My father also told my brother and I that, we must aspire to be more than just men. And we did. We were the Double Dragon that breathed a rare fire, leaving nothing but prism ashes in our wake. I could not have completed The Solution without Chon Lai. And, I would not have wanted to.

    "In order to move forward and achieve, our species needs to make the grandest of leaps. We also need to be more than just, Mankind. In respect of this, we know that SACRIFICE is the key.

    "We must force ourselves to Sustain our natural resources. We must force ourselves to use little, or better still, none at all.

    "Once more, we must Attempt to rebuild our cities and strengthen our civilizations.

    "We must Concentrate.

    "We need to Realize that without planning, the goals we forge will never succeed.

    "We must remove selfish and simple-minded Impediments. Additionally, we have to prepare to work together for a home world that we all share.

    "We must Forget our old ways, especially the economical ones that will no longer serve us during this ongoing crisis.

    "As individuals, we need to Implement sensible initiatives and good habits.

    "And, we need to Consider our actions before we commit to them.

    "Last but not least, we need to End this destabilized era of our time.

    "Eternally, I will miss my mùqīn, and my xiōngdi," I wept. "And for the m-majority of us, I know that we have all lost someone. But as a symbol of positivity, I present my niece to you all - the phoenix of my family's legacy - 'Skye-Harmony Lai'."

    A solemn cheer pulsated among the earthbound and orbital masses.

    "To us, her names are fitting, as is her nickname, 'Siyu'. It means 'thinking of the world'... Therefore," I concluded, "I hope that mankind shares the sentiment, and never thinks thoughtlessly of the world ever again..."

THE END