Sarah

It was August now.

    In the months gone by, Xen had nursed the remnants of his little finger back to health.

    Meanwhile, Suki and Widow Lai had been informed about their potential demise. Both on-edge, and relatively displeased, it was only Lee's presidential authority and increased A.I.S.U measures which abated their fears.

    At BTV, things were rife. This was because internally, most of our colleagues had heard convincing whispers of our recorded revelation that O-Kenai Ashii was in fact our corporate owner. Dieng had managed to keep control by threatening jobs and letting the odd person go.

    However, for Chon, it was now crystal clear. Unknowingly or not, Dieng and Charlie had somehow been tasked to expose Xen, in order to give The Pink Lady leverage over him from the very start.

    Following an international press release from Kazakhstan, New Japan, and China, other national governments had been battling the United Nations, and Samir Ahmed again, over the claimed 'mismanagement' of The Solution. Even more so, over our new alliance, The Tripod Coalition, and our scaled-down 'Contingency'.

    Some opinions were positively supportive, but most were negatively heinous.

    In addition, the interested people of the free world were still registering their confident and non-confident votes via votethesolution.weebly.com. Votes, which in a matter of months, could determine the fate of all mankind.

    Despite the extreme pandemonium, Chon and I had managed to break away from it all.

    We'd also managed to reconcile with Michelle; reestablish our friendship; and set Mikey up as a result!

    "Frak. A double dinner date..." he breathed. "...Sarah, I can't believe you set me up."

    "Don't worry," I said, while holding Mikey's hairy jowls and looking him dead in the face. "Look, she's been single for months now and her break-up period is totally over."

    "But I could've made the move myself. You two didn't have to tip her off. Frak."

    "I know," I teased, while fussing over his Manga tie. "I know. But Mikey, at least this way you can be sure she doesn't think you're ugly..."

    "...This is true," he mumbled with a raised brow and a cresting smile.

    "Plus, big guy, all you've got to do now is be cool," Chon explained, "and remember that this isn't speed dating. Take your time to secure the beachhead."

    "What, like The Great Achilles?"

    "Yup, just like The Great Achilles!" Chon concurred. "Then, and only then, will you be able to introduce your, 'Trojan Horse'!"

    "Excuse me, you two," I said with authority. "Less of the inappropriate innuendos and more of the considerate chivalry!"

    Ridden with guilt, Chon had looked to the floor to hide his playful immaturity.

    But Mikey didn't. He was unabashed! "Sarah; hey; as I've said before, 'don't hate the playa, hate the game!'"

    Playfully, I scowled back and tugged on his favorite tie. "Quit playing!" I demanded. "Now is not the time and at this rate, there won't be any playing tonight, player!"

    We all chuckled.

    "Mikey, promise that there won't be any Wolowitz dialogue, either!"

    "Like what?" he protested.

    "Like, the one about, computers!

    "Chon, you must remember it?"