Chon

Like everyone staring Xen down on stage, I wanted to probe my xiōngdi about The Solution's introduction. Frustratingly though, Green Justice beat me to it. "People, people, there's no doubt destabilization is happening," Albers stated - her first eight words dismissive. "But Secretary Lai's 'prediction' is beyond ridiculous!"

    "Agreed!" Tom said in a scornful tone.

    As I listened to them whine, the churning in my stomach returned. However, this time, it was different. A sensation far worse than heartburn ignited within me. In that moment, I knew I was having a metaphysical epiphany... Like Xen implied days before, the time for me to support him had come. So, I rose to my feet; embraced the glares; and after taking my deepest-ever breath, blasted out a searing question engulfed in furious fire. "Well then, Secretary Lai; after explaining the problems and causes of destabilization; what is The Solution...?"

    As Xen looked me dead in the eyes, I imagined the world watching us.

    "We Leave..." he said with gravitas.

    Thereafter, I imagined silence descending across the globe. And it did, until a snippet of time passed. The Convention Center literally erupted, and some people even lurched from the front row. Luckily, Xen was able to hold his ground. His beefy entourage stormed the stage as a precaution, and seconds later, a small detail of Frankfurt Police emerged.

    Sadly, the presence of authority didn't stop Albers from shouting where she stood. "Mr. Secretary, what do you mean, 'we leave'?"

    As he went to answer, Xen's eyes suddenly took on refracted light, like two crystalized prisms. "Ms. Albers, I mean that, we Human Beings leave Planet Earth..." Sat behind him, Xen's associates stood, stepped forwards, and smiled with him.

    But once again, scorn got the better of Robin Albers. "This, is, insanity!" she thundered. "And the line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!" Before the police got to Robin, Darcy insisted she would behave for the remainder of the summit, as did the crowd which simmered down sheepishly.

    Beside me, Sarah sat in utter silence.

    Meanwhile on my other side, Mikey mumbled and teetered as though he was high on blue crystal-meth. "This isn't e-even 'bad'. I-It's 'Breaking Bad'."

    I didn't know what to think, other than settle on an obvious prediction. My xiōngdi wanted to construct a spaceship and settle people in bio-holodomes on Mars.