Chapter 12 - The Solution Concludes - Chon

I'd tried to process the next batch of information, but as always, Xen's presence demanded immediate attention. "Now, sensibly," he quipped, "there are some final elements that would need to happen.

    "Internationally, armies, seaports, railports and airports would need to assist in the logistical coordination.

    "Geographically, nations too small to facilitate Land Chosen Areas, or Land and Aviation Technology, would need to be joined with their affiliate nations. As an example, not much remains of Iceland or New Zealand. Therefore, we would suggest they be affiliated to Greenland and Australia for the program.

    "The Base Teams would need support. We suggest from the world's unemployed.

    "Ninety per cent of the world's construction work would need to stop. This would be so machinery and tradesmen professionals could be drafted into Land Chosen Areas to speed up Land and Aviation Technology construction in a foreman capacity.

    "Essential materials such as metals mined from the moon, and those used in global miscellaneous production, would have to stop. As a priority, such materials would need to be redistributed to the Land Chosen Areas for Land and Aviation Technology construction. As well as this, there would be a call for scrap metal. Aluminium, especially. Logistically, all would be ferried there via the newly forged Great Roads, the largest ever to be laid.

    "The grand operation would need fuelling. In order to do all of this in the short time proposed, we would hope to use all available energy. Along with renewables, we would use carbon-based energy. Based on the restrictions of the Antarctic Treaty, commercial crude oil will run out by 2052. Therefore, using the last barrels of it to complete this global task could be its post-industrial legacy.

    "Furthermore, despite the setbacks of industrialized fusion reactor technology - we are planning to trial and utilize finite nuclear resources in the new technology - of which will be revealed in time to come...

    "Moving on," Xen breathed, "at the center of Dormitory-Colonies, Docks, and Freighters, we would have hydroponic Green Gardens - flora havens which would boost the bio-holodome atmospherics with oxygen.

    "Upon completion of all Land and Aviation Technology, Base Team One persons would be redistributed to damaged areas to begin regeneration. They would reside in reinforced Sub Colony-standard safe houses.

    "Base Team Two convicted persons would return to their prison institutions - which would also have undergone safe house refurbishment.

    "Meanwhile, all Eligible Patrons would enter Land Chosen Areas. Forearm I.D implants would be checked for verification before any could enter one of two of their national Freighters, or The Column.

    "For The Consortium Eligible Patrons, their Land Chosen Area would be based in Fulda, Deutschland, approximately sixty-five miles away from the Frankfurt Convention Center's location. Globally, Fluda is central and on higher ground - an ideal safe haven from natural disasters and the potential World-Ender storm.

    "Regarding the re-entry of Freighters and the Column, Earth's gravitational pull would weaken their hulls - despite the sturdy carbon-composite/ceramic-quartz mixture. Therefore, VG Engineers would release crystalline-based liquid sealant into the vessel's exo-casing. The sealant would repair any integral damage.

    "Freighters would also harbor a mini fleet of emergency Star Shuttles. They would be compact and similar in size to Smart's City Hoverpod vehicles. If ever jettisoned, the on-board A.I would return them to Land Chosen Areas.

   "Aboard Freighters, there would be no lifts or escalators. This would be in place to prompt exercise with the zero gravity in mind. Eligible Patrons would be able to generate Star Credits in order to purchase consumables. Restrictively though, Star Credits could only be earned by using Freighter Travelators - gradient-resistant treadmills which would produce human-generated energy. Along with solar-converted electricity, it would provide back-up power for Earthian Star's core cells.

    "Additionally, Eligible Patrons would be allocated to specific work sectors. They would have periodic positions in cleaning, farming, and provisional manufacturing - as well as in teaching and possibly, the entertainment sector. However, this would be determined by the professional roles they currently provide in society.

    "The last elements would be funding and economics..." Xen trailed off. I had assumed he might hint at limitations again, but he didn't. "We would need to mobilize ¥100 quadrillion yuán, via governments, the public, and private funding and sponsorship. Globally, this could be achieved if every person donated approximately ¥200 yuán, each. This would total ¥1,800 billion yuán. The remaining quadrillions would be expected to come from governments and the consortium, with them donating enough to cover the poor's contribution as well.

    "Economically, we would suggest The Financial Freeze. For businesses, corporations and trading markets, their institutions would not shrink or grow. This would also be the same for individuals regarding personal finance. Subsequently, The Freeze would be in effect from 2050 until 2060.

    "People of the world, we are human beings. Nature's greatest adapting species. We have been gifted with the ability to use this greatness however we see fit.

    "As Sir David Attenborough, one of The Great Elders once said, 'If we do care about our children, then we have to do something...And, we can't be radical enough.'

    "With this the case, I choose to try and avoid extinction. I choose to try and save ourselves and our children. But not only that, I choose to try and save Planet Earth as well, by letting Gaia breathe.

    "At this time, I would like to thank the United Nations for helping to make this World Environment Day climate summit possible. And historical. I would also like to thank the German nation for being kind, hospitable hosts. Finally, I would like to thank those around the world, willing to consider The Solution Program."

    After two hours of intensity, it was over.

    Xen was truly a man of his word. The Solution exceeded epic. It was grandiloquent.