Chapter 13 - *Dragon's Oil Is Thicker Than Both* - Mikey

When The Solution had finally finished, I just sat on the edge of my seat, still totally awestruck and revellin'. That was until Xen's entourage grabbed us from the convention center's second row. We were man-handled, pulled past others, and whisked away like Gotham City criminals - then pushed down a dark corridor.

    Such injustice.

    The hollow space of the corridor also felt a little eerie, and every three meters or so, parts of it lit up like the psyche wards of Arkham Asylum.

    I'd asked the leader of the pack what the deal was; all three of us had; but he just said that he'd point us in the right direction once we were outta harm's way.

    Then like, a moment later, me, Sarah and Chon got a three-way com-link. It was from the gal I'd wanted to make my 'Harley Quinn' - my 'Puddin'' for the longest time, Michelle. And of course, I was totally quick to answer before my partners in crime could. Cuttin' straight to it, she'd given us a heads' up on the shizz Robin Albers had pulled on the Damon Weaver show. Xen was gettin' slashed from all angles and Michelle knew if anyone could get the message to the occupied man, we might. But the reality was, Xen had mimicked The Dark Knight again, and quickly disappeared from sight, just like The Pink Lady had a decade ago...

    We'd turned one last corridor corner and seen an obscure holo-door. It had a message programed onto its outside display which read, 'Holding Room'.

    I felt it in my gut. We'd reached Xen's Batcave!

    While I convinced myself of the surroundings, the entourage leader stopped. Then the other three followed suit.

    Me, Sarah and Chon were last to halt. None of us could see the leader's face. He was lookin' forwards and wearin' shades, but I'm pretty sure he'd fluttered his eyelids closed and sent Xen a mind-message.

    The door fizzled away seconds later.

    The inside was shrouded in darkness and the leader turned where he stood. Then with a pointin' finger, he'd beckoned us to move forwards. Slowly and warily, the three of us waddled in like penguins. But before any of us could question anythin', Xen's voice took on the charm of Bruce Wayne and uttered two infectious words. "'Lights on'."

    The overhead strobes hit my iLenses with glowin' intensity and I had to hold down tight blinks to refocus them

    The overhead strobes hit my iLenses with glowin' intensity and I had to hold down tight blinks to refocus them. Once they had, the iDot behind my ear tingled...

    Dotted around the room stood the Jong Brothers, Ling, Stephen, and Xen, who all wore invitin' smiles.

    But somethin' else literally caught my eyes. My iDot and A.I.D.A had picked up security signatures in a handful of expensive holo-items that belonged to me and Sarah... "Xen, seriously, how the hell did you get our AV transmitters in here?" Of course, my question was kinda rhetorical and kinda irrelevant. I'd known the frickin' answer. Chon's older brother wasn't only 'the man' - he was, 'The Batman', and provin' it hourly.

    While I'd relished the challenge of tryin' to figure out how he'd pulled it off, Sarah shifted her hips in protest. She wasn't game at all. "Xen, the answer please. We're waiting..."

    Everyone could see Xen was enjoyin' stallin', so Chon put a stop to it. "Come on, xiōngdi, spill the mung beans," he demanded on our behalf.

    "Okay, okay," Xen mused, forcing away his smile. "Sarah, let's just say that a member of your hotel concierge leapt at the chance to help the man who just proposed The Solution."

    Impressed, I'd nodded, until Sarah nudged my side. The thrust was sharp and quick too and caused my ponytail to jerk a little. Like a champ, I'd taken it with a cheeky smile though, knowin' it'd probably hurt my little sister's elbow more than it had my rib.

    Then before Sarah could do it again, I playfully pointed back to Xen. His body language alone showed he was ready to reveal more. "Now," he continued, while his associates observed, "let's get down to business..."

    Me, Sarah and Chon each took in a lug of air, then focused.

    I was confident that our 'Opportunity' was about to be revealed.

    "Gigantor; Sarah; and little brother; right now, I'm the most sought-after man in the world. Specifically, the most sought by every member of the international media community - all of whom were at yesterday's press conference - and all of whom are now stuck outside. However, you are the only media team exclusively stood in front of me."

    Right then, we got it.

    "So," Xen breathed, "as promised, I offer you the simple opportunity, which can start whenever you're ready..."

    Wantin' to make sure Chon wasn't havin' his leg pulled, Sarah questioned the savant. "Xen, just to be clear, what is it you're offering here?"

    But Chon knew, and Chon reassured her. "Sarah, without a doubt, Xen is offering us The Interview of the Millennium. Right, xiōngdi?"

    "Right you are, brother," Xen acknowledged. "But not only that... I am offering you an unscripted one, which you can lead however you see fit. Furthermore, it will be the very last interview I will ever do..."

    Me, Sarah and Chon didn't know what the heck Xen meant. All that was clear was I'd be the man documentin' it - Sarah the woman catchin' what was said - and Chon the one in a hot seat, and goin' flame 't' flame with his genius brother!

    Well 'n' truly, things were about to get heated 'n' then some!