Chon

As the three of us huddled together to ward off frostbite, my wrist tingled. Then upon opening the interface, I was overjoyed to see the other half of my fùqīn's Double Dragon! "Shit!" I boomed, while dragging my team away from the outside crowd. "Xiōngdi, thanks for the cham-link!"

     "Little brother, the pleasure is mine," Xen smiled. "And the origin feed is empty, so feel free to take the credit and stream what I'm about to share courtesy of BTV."

    Ecstatic with the opportunity, I winked at Mikey and Sarah who'd beamed out their AV-Holo-Suite and synced with the feed to ensure the link wouldn't glitch or break. Once they'd winked back, I peered into the holoscreen erected from my wrist, and observed.

    "Secretary-General Ahmed; Delegates of this UN Council; once upon a time, this institution had a mission statement which professed something valuable and treasured," Xen shared. "It professed to, 'provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by informing, inspiring, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life - without compromising that of future generations.'

    "Sadly, my associates and I feel that this statement has often been misconstrued, with today's outcome no exception of it..."

    Xen was not mincing his words.

    "...Therefore," he then added, "it is with deep political sadness that The Tripod Coalition nations move for a vote of no-confidence in the Secretary-General's leadership."

    Like a shockwave, gasps and murmurs pulsed around the room, and Samir was temporarily lost for words. "...Secretary Lai," he eventually came back, "everyone present appreciates your Coalition's, sudden vote. However, I will not step down based on your no-confidence. I will remain in my post until the UN elections of 2051. As for today's decision, it is final."

    Samir was standing his ground.

    To worsen the situation, Xen received no verbal interjection of support from any other delegate; and seconds later; the UN inner circle started to disperse. Subsequently, Xen took the opportunity to huddle his team, while intermittingly looking at mine over holoscreen. "Everyone, by far, this was definitely an unexpected setback," he admitted. "It showed that the national politicians representing their people were not inclined to act any sooner unless Seymour was directly over their heads. Thus, I feel sorry for those who cannot act as we plan to. Furthermore, to ensure that our beacon of light isn't ever extinguished, I suggest that our focus remains sternly on our individual tasks, as well as dealing with Chon delivering O-Kenai's revelation, amid The Result in December."

    Slow nods and buffered lips followed.

    More harrowingly, I'd contemplated reality while Xen cut the cham-link.

    To subdue The Pink Lady, and keep The Solution glowing omnipotently, Xen and I were going to have to search much deeper within our metaphoric core. To continue lighting the way for the world, we'd need to seek a new type of dragon fire, and seek it quickly, indeed.