101. [Just like the good old days huh?♡]

The next couple of weeks for Jordan were rather gloomy and stressful. With the new tour coming up and promo stuff going on, he was overwhelmed with everything. He was working but also thinking about his marriage, his kids and Ava. Oftentimes he wanted to be alone and asked to be every time they had breaks or free time. Joey had a general idea of where the problems stemmed from but never confronted him about it. "You alright man?" Joey asked as they sat inside a lounge of a building they had a meeting in. "Yeah, I'm just thinking about tour" Jordan responded and shrugged. "Just tour ?" Joey repeated and pursed his lips. "Yeah Joe, just tour " Jordan answered feeling annoyed. "But you love to tour, you love seeing the fans, what's really got you so upset J?". "I appreciate your interest in my problems but I really don't want to talk about them "Jordan said and stood up but patted his knee before walking away. Joey eyed him suspiciously and shook his head. "Shouldn't have put yourself in a situation to lose her in the first place J ," he told himself.

Ava was a mess herself. She started to guard her emotions even though Leo had shown strong interest in her. "Ava" the voice pulled her out of a trance as she faced the man who demanded her heart. "Huh?" she responded and cleared her throat. "Where did you go just now?" Leo asked as he caressed her face and smiled adoringly. 'With Jordan' she answered in her head. "Nothing, I'm just a little worn out from today" she replied while faking a smile. "Care to stay over? We can make hot chocolate and I can go into town to get us some dinner?" he offered and kissed her forehead. Ava swallowed hard and nodded without saying a word. "Be right back darling" he murmured against her cheek as he kissed her goodbye. The pet name left a bad taste in her mouth but she nodded and smiled. When he shut the door, she let out a loud sob and covered her mouth to stifle it. No matter where or who she was with, Jordan was invading her heart. 'Screw the day you came back into my life' she thought to herself and bit her lip hard. 'Fuck the day you asked me to be yours' she added. The sound of her phone ringing scared the living shit out of her. "Hello?!" she answered it, her tone lethal and irritated. "Well, hello to you sweetheart"responded the person on the other end. "What do you want?" Ava said recognizing the voice. "Just wanted to see how you were, and to tell you that we're leaving on tour in a few days or less". "And I care why?" she responded and rolled her eyes. "Oh boy, you're hurtin' aren't ya?" he interrupted. "Joey, I'm fine, I don't care" Ava insisted, feeling frustrated. "If it makes you feel any better, he's hurtin' too, like a lot-" . "If you only called me to update me on somebody's life that I don't give a shit about, you just might've called the wrong number". "One of you needs to swallow your pride before it's too late, I only want you two to be happy". Ava sighed, "I appreciate it Joey but I don't see myself fighting for somebody who isn't mine". "Time will tell" Joey responded and let out a sigh himself. "I love you okay? Don't forget to call me tomorrow. Take care of yourself Ava, be gentle with your heart" .

The line went dead.

Ava locked her phone and placed it in her bag. Her mind wandered back to that last time she saw Jordan. How he was kissing her and confessing his feelings, the way he held her close to him. It was all beginning to cloud her mind as it had been for the past few weeks. The only thing that helped was that she was leaving on a work trip with Leo soon and that meant that her focus would be away from Jordan. 'He doesn't deserve me' Ava told herself and shook her head.

She occupied herself by reviewing some of the paperwork that Leo had given her at the beginning of the week. After about half an hour, the sound of a key unlocking the door rang in her ears. It was Leo, holding a tray of drinks and a large paper bag. "I thought you were tired, figured you might've taken a nap before I returned " he spoke as he closed the door behind him. "I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get a head start" she answered and forced a smile. "Aw, well maybe after you eat , you can take a nap and " he suggested, she nodded in agreement.