87. [ A love that he never deserved♡]

Luckily, there was a small coffee shop nearby. By the time they got there, the rain had become heavy. Jordan was trying to remain patient as Ava constantly gave him the cold shoulder. They sat face to face near a tinted window at the back of the building. " Feel better now?" He asked softly. "Kinda" she admitted. Jordan watched her with sad eyes. "I'm sorry-, for acting like this. As you can tell, despite the time, I'm still a little hurt by what happened. Ava spoke calmly. "I understand" he answered. "How about this-" he added. "Why don't we tell our sides of the story?" He suggested. "Is there even a point in doing that?" Ava questioned. "Besides, how do I know, I'm the only one that is still hurt by it" she argued. "In that case, I'll start first-" he said.

Ava braced herself for what he was about to say. She never thought she would ever be able to hear his side of the story and yet here they were. He let out a long sigh before speaking.

"About a week or 2 after you left back to your hometown-, Evelyn-" he paused for a moment to look at her "-my wife, confessed her true feelings for me".

'His wife' echoed in her head. Now, that, she was not expecting. It took everything in her not to lose her shit. Because not only did he cheat on her with that person, but he married her. Ava nodded gesturing for him to continue. "She was very sweet, kind and honest about the feelings she had begun to develop ever since we met". Okay" Ava said feeling a spark of jealousy shock her. "We kissed that very same day. And I'm not going to lie to you-" he choked out his words. "It's not like you already haven't " she snickered earning a small eye roll from him. " anyways, we kissed. I felt something inside. I didn't know the feeling until that moment. "But I loved, lov-" he said but paused and then continued. "I loved you so much. I knew I was in deep trouble after Evelyn told me all this. Her words touched my heart. They brought up feelings that I didn't know I could have for her. I felt horrible because I didn't give her a response right away, I was still your boyfriend but I felt so guilty for kissing somebody that wasn't you. And she couldn't help it, she liked me a lot. She felt the need to tell me." Ava nodded in silence as she sipped on her coffee. " We started hanging out as friends. But we both knew that we were testing the waters. Our friendship was no longer a friendship. But a very strong attraction. We surpassed our platonic bond and replaced it with something stronger ". "How sweet" she commented forcing out a smile. It made her sick to her stomach knowing that words were all it took for her to be replaced. Sweet nothings brought him to his knees. Everything she did for him wasn't enough.

"Ava-, don't do that. You don't have to pretend" Jordan coaxed. She shook her head and forced out a chuckle. Ava tried her hardest to hold it together. Jordan debated whether continuing or stopping altogether. "Go on, I'm ok. I promise " she urged. "And one night, after a little alcohol and intoxicated thinking. We ended up sleeping together in my bed"

That part hurt Ava. Like a deep cut.

" it was only a few times" he added.

'Only a few times?' She thought to herself.

It painted a horrible picture in her head. But again, she knew that Jordan didn't belong to her. She didn't believe that people belonged to people.

"Don't worry-I, I didn't touch you after it happened" he clarified awkwardly. "Oh thank god, I love to hear that" she joked and sighed in relief. But deep down, it still hurt. "I called you once and it was almost at the end of the month. I didn't know what to say to you. Only that I missed you and- , and-"