89. [What could be♡]

"Stay-" He said as he gently placed the keys in the palm of her hand. Ava felt the electricity course through her body. With a bit of hesitation, she agreed.

"No wait-" Ava said as she took a few big steps away from him. "We can't hang out". Jordan looked perplexed at her sudden change of behavior. "Why not- there's no harm in this" Jordan assured as he slowly walked towards her. "Somebody will see us and take a picture," she said firmly "you might be walking with a nobody but I'm walking with a pop star- I'm gonna be the one taking the shit" she added. Jordan found this strange. Ava never referred to him as such. "What are you talking about?- you're not a nobody" he argued. "Have you not seen the picture of us that has just made it onto the news?" She recalled bitterly. "Picture?- no, I haven't" he admitted. Ava pulled out her phone and looked up the photo. Jordan's eyes widened as he scanned the image. "But you can't even see your face- and you can barely see mine" he justified in a calm manner. "You act like this is normal" she muttered under her breath as she locked her phone. " It's shit that I'm already used to-" he said and shrugged. "Nobody can prove it was me". 

Ava shook her head at his carefree reaction to this. "Jordan, you scare me sometimes-" Ava told him. "Why?" He asked. "You act on impulse- it just makes me wonder what you want- " she added. "I don't get what you're trying to say" he responded as he scratched the back of his head. "Like this-" she spoke gesturing to both of them. "What are you trying to do- sleep with me and keep me as your lover?" She confronted as she crossed her arms over her chest. "What!?-" he said as he looked at her in disbelief. "No, of course not Ava-" he defended himself. "I don't understand you Jordan- " she confessed while shaking her head. "You want one thing- you kiss me and you want to see me- I just" she began but was cut off by Jordan shushing her softly.

"What?" She said as she was about to turn around.

"I think there's somebody over there who recognizes me-" he said as he took her hand and guided them into a small alley. "C'mere" Jordan instructed as he pulled her close to him. "What- and get another pic-" she protested but felt her breath hitch in her throat when he placed his hands on her waist and leaned in dangerously close. They heard footsteps from the distance. Jordan's body covered Ava's so perfectly. It seemed as if he was leaning against the wall by himself. Ava looked up at him waiting for him to say something. "Coast is clear" he whispered as he pulled away.

"Sorry about that, we can go somewhere private" he spoke as they walked out of the alley. Luckily, the streets were somewhat empty. Ava remained in her spot as if she didn't want to move and hoped he'd disappear. His persistence was getting annoying and she knew that eventually, she would give into him. "Ava-" Jordan called out as he took small strides towards her. Her angelic-like eyes brought him to his knees. She seemed like a lost kitten in the rain and Jordan wanted to bring her home.

Ava felt vulnerable as he approached her. The dull clouds in the sky seemed to have opened and large droplets of water poured. "Let's go back to the car" Jordan suggested as he pulled off his jacket and tried putting over her shoulders. But Ava shied away, feeling a storm coming in. Not the one that was held above their heads, but the one that would follow if she continued his game or whatever this was. The water droplets seemed to fall faster as Jordan tried to convince her to come with him. "We're going to get sick out here. C'mon" he urged gently. "I'll take you home if you want" he added. She eventually obliged and walked towards him. Ava shivered, walking in silence trying to gather her thoughts. There was too much going on inside of her. She would jolt upon feeling his hand guiding the small of her back as they made their way to the parking lot.