94. [When she's ready♡]

Their lips slowly detached, Ava made brief eye contact with him, before completely pulling away from his grasp. "That was some kiss" Michael commented, immediately cutting the awkward silence that lingered in the air. Ava excused herself before anybody else could say anything. Leo too, excused himself and followed behind. "Ava" he called out trying to catch up to her. "What do you want?" She said half bitterly as she swung around to face him. Leo couldn't even form a sentence, he didn't know what to say. "I'll speak- " she suggested. "This was just a mistletoe kiss- nothing more. Got it?". "That was not just a mistletoe kiss- " he begged to differ. "-The way you kissed me was-" he added but was caught off." Leo-, stop it. Don't try to make something out of nothing". Ava shook her head and then walked back to her parents. Leaving him dumbfounded and upset.

"Let's go home" she suggested as she held Gracie's hand. "Already?" Wilbert asked as they were sitting in a small rounded table along in the grass. "Yes-, I'm tired" Ava admitted trying to avoid Leo's gaze from a distance. She felt uncomfortable to say the least, but she didn't know why. After all, it was only a kiss, but at the same time, it felt wrong. Ava needed to wash the taste out of her mouth. "Okay-, you and Gracie can go back to the car, we'll be there in a few minutes, we just need to say goodbye to some people" he said as he handed her the car keys.

At the Knight's household, Jordan tried his best to enjoy himself. The party had died down and mostly everybody was either having their last drink or sharing an intimate conversation. It was near midnight, some kids were eager to open gifts while others had fallen asleep in a few of the guest rooms whilst their parents were still awake. Jordan had not checked his phone since yesterday, after sending that text to Ava and viewing his messages again, he realized that she never responded. He wanted to call it a night, he needed to sleep. In his dreams, he hoped to see her and be with her. It killed him to feel like this. To want her in such a way, how he could've had her a few nights ago, but Ava was on another page. What hurts the most, is that he knew she wanted him too. Jordan had not made love in so long, he's had consistent sex but hasn't made love in a very long time.

Gracie slept soundly in the backseat of the car, while her head rested on her mother's lap. Ava's hands ran through her daughter's curls, her eyes remained on the horizon that hung above. She let out a small sigh and closed her eyes. Trying to remember Jordan's kisses. The taste and the sensation those full plump lips carried. It temporarily registered in her head that he was married. She should not be thinking about a married man like this. But, he did say he would leave his wife for her, but deep down inside it was all too good to be true. Ava felt dirty even if they had not had sex.

'Yet?' she thought to herself then shook her head.

It all was becoming so overwhelming and frustrating. She hated the fact that she knew what his kisses felt like. For they should've stayed in the past. They didn't belong in the present. Better said, Jordan didn't belong in the present. But here he was, on her mind, close to her heart but she refused to grant him access.

Ava imagined him with his wife,watching their kids open presents together. The kiss they shared told Ava that he was happy with her, or so she thought.Her daughter stirred in her lap, pulling her out of her deep thinking.

Jordan was more than ready to go home. He asked his wife if she wanted to go as he could barely keep his eyes open. Jon suggested that he'd take one of the guest bedrooms to which he accepted. After thinking it over, Jordan knew that staying at his brother's house was the best choice.