40.[Best he's ever had]

Ava furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed that Jordan had pulled up to the studio and not an actual eating establishment. "What are we doing here?:" she questioned him. "We're here to pick up somebody" he answered. "Who?" she responded. Before Jordan could answer, a large man appeared walking out of one of the front door. He was built, seemed about in his mid-40s wore dark clothing and had a pair of dark blue shades on. Ava looked at Jordan perplexed and almost seemed nervous. "Relax baby, he's here to protect us" he assured her. Her eyes widened, "From what?". Jordan didn't answer and instead grabbed her hand, soothingly brushing his thumb over the top in hopes of easing her. The large man got into the back seat and Ava could feel uneasiness washing over her body. "Ava this is, Fredrick, he's a chill guy, Fredrick this is the girl I've been talking to you about". "Nice to meet you, Ava, I've heard more than enough about you" he greeted her and she smiled finding herself getting comfortable around this person. "Nice to meet you Fredrick and oh really?" she asked and he chuckled. "Yeah, J here is like a little birdy chirping away about the girl who's got his feet in the clouds". Jordan, still in the car, felt himself getting flustered but instead, shook his head and laughed to himself. "That indeed," he agreed and Ava only smiled. 

♡ ♡♡

They arrived within 20 minutes and the pizza parlor was sort of packed but not enough that the line extends to the outside of the establishment. "Okay, J what's the plan?" Fredrick asked as he stood at a reasonable distance from both Jordan and Ava. "What do you mean the plan? I thought we were all just going to eat together" Ava spoke to Jordan as they waited in line. "That's only if Fredrick wants to, he usually just stays close enough so that he can see me" Jordan explains. "Actually, the usual new kids' bodyguards do this, I'm a fill in for his particular one" Fredrick clarified. "But he's been there for me enough times, so he's special," Jordan says and nods over to the man. Ava observed Fredrick, he was casually looking around Jordan making sure that nothing was off. She felt almost calm and relieved that he was with them. 

After ordering, Fredrick decided to just sit opposite from them in another seat since he had to excuse himself to answer a phone call. When he returned, Jordan had politely gotten his order and placed it on the table that he had chosen to sit in. Fredrick thanked him and once everybody had their food, they all began to eat. Fredrick continued to speak to the person as he took small sips of his drink, while Ava and Jordan waited for a bit for their food to cool off. "Do you always have bodyguards with you?" Ava asked Jordan as she took a sip of her soda. "Most times yeah". "Do all of you guys?" she questioned referring to Donnie, Danny, Joey, and Jon. " Yes we do, just for precautions you know?" Jordan assured her. Ava nodded and Jordan then suggested that they'd eat their food before it got too cold. Ava obliged and then began to take small bites of her pepperoni slice of pizza. As they both ate, a small group of young girls, around their late teens or early 20s entered the place. They were chatting amongst themselves when she noticed the blonde haired girl made direct eye contact with her. Immediately her smile wiped from her face and instead, she mugged Ava. Ava took no importance in this since she's been randomly mugged by many girls in the past, of course, she never knew the reason, she figured it was her indifference with trying to fit in with them. 

When Ava finished, she excused herself to the bathroom. Fredrick made sure to take notice of this and at the same time, still managed to pay attention to Jordan.

There was a small line inside the women's bathroom as Ava waited patiently for a stall to become vacant. She tapped her foot softly against the tile as she tried to mind her own business. Thankfully, the line passed by quick, she did her business and proceeded to wash her hands. When she went to dry them, she noticed that the same blonde haired girl who had mugged her a small while ago was now approaching her. Ava figured she needed to dry her hands quickly and then bolt the fuck outta there because she could feel a harsh lump in her throat. She was the type of person to pick up vibes from the people surrounding her and right now, she was picking up a weird one from this girl. "Going somewhere?" she finally spoke just as Ava was making her way towards the door. "Yeah, I'm done" Ava answered casually but this young woman took it as a smart ass remark. "Gotta be careful with that mouth honey" she said as she began to step closer towards Ava. Ava took this moment to scan this woman from head to toe. She was wearing leather high waisted leggings and a red crop top along with red high heels. Glossy red lips decorated her face and a couple layers of mascara. "So, you're the new one huh?" the woman continued as she pulled out a cigarette from her bra and then searched for a lighter in her small bag. "Excuse me?" Ava said, finding herself extremely confused. "J's got a new girl to fuck" the woman answered and Ava felt her breath hitch in her throat. "And it's you" the woman said as she took a puff of the white stick and blew it out slowly. "I'm sorry, I-I don't know what you're talking about" Ava stammered as her eyes desperately fixated on the door. "Oh honey, don't play stupid with me, you were sitting with him, I know J when I see him". "J?" Ava repeated in slight disbelief. The young woman rolled her eyes and then threw the cigarette on the tile before proceeding to put it out with the bottom of her heel. "He'll get bored of you, I'm sure". Ava felt like she heard enough but found herself planted on the spot in fear of causing somewhat of a scene. The woman then decided to walk around Ava as if she wanted to intimidate her. "Do you have any idea who I could be?" she questioned her harshly. Ava shook her head, feeling her heart pound harder and harder as each minute passed. "I'll give you a hint" she said as she continued to pace back and forth.

 "I'm the best that Jordan ever had". 

Jordan began to grow worried seeing that almost 15 minutes have passed and Ava has not come out of the bathroom. Fredrick explained to him that he would have somebody look for her immediately.

"I don't know what you're talking to me about, why are you telling me this?" Ava questioned her. "I'm not telling you silly, I'm warning you" the blonde woman responded with a malicious smile plastered on her face. "Watch yourself, Jordan likes to play, oh and I mean a lot, he can go for hours and is into many many freaky things, I had my fair share of practice with him if you know what I mean". she boasted. Ava felt physically sick when she told her this. Now she knew without a doubt who this woman was, Jordan had definitely told her about this person, she could only recall as Heidi. "You seem like the innocent kind" she pointed out as she scanned her eyes over Ava. "Not his kind though, he's out of your league, that's why I'm telling you right now, that you leave him or pay the consequences" she threatened. "What consequences?" Ava asked her as she swallowed hard but tried her best to hold her guard up. "You'll see". "But I have nothing to do with him"Ava argued and Heidi let out a dark chuckle. "Lying is a sin dollface" she finished before walking over to one of the bathroom mirrors and began to touch up her makeup. Ava took this chance and practically bolted out the door.

Fredrick was standing with one of the female cashiers when he noticed Ava's face full of fear and something else. "Ava, are you alright? Did somebody do something to you?" he questioned her and Ava could only shake her head. "I have to leave," Ava told him. "What? I can't let you just leave, Jordan will be worried, I'll get him and we can just-" Fredrick tried to reason with her but she cut him off. "No, just tell him it was an emergency, I can't see him". Her eyes immediately met with a familiar pair of chocolate brown ones and she could feel the room around her spinning. Heidi was most likely still in the room but she was not taking any chances. "I need to go, I'm gonna take a taxi home" she desperately explained. When Fredrick wouldn't answer, she practically maneuvered herself around him when he got distracted and made way for the back door. "Hey!" was all she heard before the door closed behind her.

I'm very pleased with the way this chapter came out.♡