19. [If you were beside me right now ♡]

Ava got home with slightly swollen lips, as she and Jordan had made out a little bit after that small talk. They only kissed a little more but she considered it making out. She made sure to compose herself before unlocking the door only to find her mother asleep on the couch. Her mother did not wake up an inch as her daughter headed for the stairs. Ava decided to bring down a warm blanket and drape it over her mom before heading back upstairs to change into sweats and a long sleeve. Plopping onto her bed, she sighs and bites her lip as she clutches the duvet close to her chest while laying on her back. The whole idea of being in a relationship was starting to make sense, all she thought about was Jordan. Everything about him, even more, what was left to be discovered alongside him. But then her mind wandered back to the girls at the eating establishment, she wasn't necessarily jealous, however, she didn't like the fact of somebody flirting with her boyfriend. Ava figured that this was one of the things that she was eventually going to have to get used to. She reminded herself that she wouldn't like it if Jordan became the overprotective jealous type and reminded herself that she wouldn't want to become the clingy girlfriend.

She wished to see him right now and imagined in her mind what it would be like to have him next to her right now. Would he play with her hair, run his fingers through it? Would he pull her close to his chest becoming the big spoon? Would he sing her to sleep? Or would he draw random gentle circles on her arm the way he did with his thumbs on her hand? She felt comfortable with his touch, his tender gestures, and his kisses. She wondered what more Jordan had yet to show her. Ava had the sudden wanting to hear his sweet voice, debating whether or not to call him right now. Before she could protest, she absentmindedly had reached for the phone and dialed him. "Mmm hello?". His voice instantly snapped her back to reality. "Huh?". A soft chuckle erupted from Jordan as he spoke again "you called me baby". There it goes again, her heart beating fast." Oh uhh s-sorry" she stammered and planned to excuse herself by saying she accidentally called.
"Couldn't sleep baby?" He asked it seemed as if he was very close to the phone.

And he was, Jordan was currently relaxing in his room on his bed reading a book before the sound of the phone interrupted and he answered, smiling at the realization that it was his girlfriend. "Ava" he said as the line went silent. " S-Sorry were you sleeping?" She asked. Jordan smiled "No I wasn't, I was just catching up on the book that I'm reading". "Oh okay" she answered and he heard nothing but her soft breathing. " Already miss me?" He teased and she chuckles. "Something like that" Ava admitted. "Me too, I wish we were together right now, you beside me as I hold you to keep you warm, the moonlight peering through my curtains making your caramel colored eyes that much more lovely" he spoke. Ava slightly gasped on the other end, Jordan couldn't see it but she smiled at the thought that he must've been wondering the same things she did.
"That would be nice" she responded shyly. "Yeah?" He said as a huge grin appeared on his face making his dimples stand out. " yeah". " Jordan?" She spoke and he stayed silent on purpose. A sigh escaped Ava's lips and then corrected herself " Baby?". "Yes ?" He said and giggled."Oh uhh never mind " she immediately answered but Jordan wasn't having it. "No Baby none of that, tell me" he encouraged.
"No uhh I forgot" she tried convincing him. "Baby" He pretended to scold and then smiled. " I wish you were right beside me" she answered immediately in a soft voice which surprised him. "Oh, you do?" He questioned.

"I do, and I don't know why but I had this urge to hear your voice, I don't know what's happening to me Jordan" Ava admitted feeling like her heart was going to burst out of her chest. "What do you mean?" He asked suddenly concerned by the last of that sentence. "  I don't know what I'm feeling, only that I don't want it to ever go away" she continued. "What exactly do you feel baby?" He asked a bit nervously.
" Like I can't imagine being with anybody else but you" she whispered and this time it was he who's breath hitched in his throat. "Oh baby" he said as he bit his lip and looked out his window, knowing that Ava can see what he is seeing right now. "Baby look out the window" he spoke and she gasped thinking he was probably outside her window. Jordan chuckled and shook his head. "No no, I'm in my room right now don't worry, just look out the window with me would you?". " At the sky?" She asked. "The sky, the moon, the night" he clarified. "Okay hold on" Ava spoke and Jordan paid close attention to the sound of her bed creaking and smiled as she finally said "Okay I'm by the window"."Do you see what I see?" He questioned as his eyes remained fixated on the full moon currently plastered in the sky. "Yes I do" she responded.
"Do you remember the kiss of the night we went on our first date?"he continued.