69. [Sad Girl♡]

♡

Jordan's eyes widened and his body froze with that statement. Ava swallowed hard before resuming.

"Know who I'm talking about-, Does that name sound familiar?"

He nodded feeling ashamed, a heart-wrenching wave of guilt washed over him.

"What did she tell you?" he asked while looking back up at her.

"Just enough" was all she responded and shrugged.

"I'll let you give me your side of the story, I just want to know if it's true that you two were in a stable relationship".

"She was my girlfriend for a while" he admitted feeling embarrassed to even make eye contact with her.

He took her no response as an indication to continue speaking.

"We met on tour-"

"In a groupie" she interrupted.

"Yes in a groupie, but she became more than that" he made clear.

Ava released a sob and sniffled.

"Why did you tell me about her?- , But you told me about the other girl?"

As Jordan was about to speak again, she cut him off.

"You had the audacity to tell me about have a fling but couldn't tell me about an actual relationship!"

"Was it because she wasn't important enough?".

"No baby please you don't understand" he implored.

"I just don't get it- " she said while shaking her head.

"Why would you hide one of your past relationships from me? Jordan you know that I would never let your past mistakes or actions define you in my eyes".

"I know, I know" was all he responded, taking a few steps closer to her.

Ava noticed the sadness in his eyes and disconcerted. All she wanted to do was pretend nothing was wrong and lose herself in his warm embrace. But the incessant thoughts in her head were beginning to build a wall between them.

"Jordan- " she began and he looked at her waiting for her to continue.

"I saw you two speaking today, at my work when I was in the back "

She forced out a fake laugh.

"Funny how close me and her were and you never said a word".

"Well, what do you expect me to say, hey baby did you know that my ex-girlfriend works with you? , you wouldn't have taken that so well" he claimed and ran his hand through his hair.

"You don't know that" she fired back.

"Now I'm seeing it from the other end of the spectrum" she added.

"Huh?" Jordan questioned confused.

"Now I know what it feels like to have something hidden from you, it hurts-, it makes me feel like you don't trust me"