72. [Until you return♡]

A week later...

Ava's parents finally returned from their honeymoon. She was home by the time that they got there since Jordan dropped her off a day prior. The couple had established that with the next school semester creeping and plans for writing the next album, their time would be limited. And they needed to figure out a way to stay strong in their relationship.

Work wasn't as awkward as she thought it would be since Marie was there most of the time and Tayler was completing her outside tasks. The subject of Jordan never came up ever again due to the two rarely crossing paths. Ava tried her best to just get the job done and get home.

That was, until one day Marie had to leave abruptly for the day due to something that popped up. Unfortunately, leaving Ava and Tayler in charge just like previous times.

She was not too fond of the situation but Ava figured that she could pretend she wasn't there. Do what was expected of her and get home. The night came all too soon and she was more than glad of this. The shop was empty and closing time arrived.

Tayler seized this opportunity.

"Hey Ava, Can I talk to you for a moment?" Tayler said as Ava was packing up to go home.

"What is it? Ava responded in a neutral tone feeling uneasy on the inside.

"About Jordan" Tayler admitted.

Ava felt goosebumps start to form in her skin. This conversation starter had 'bad' written all over it. But she knew that she had to bite her tongue and go along with it.

"Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block?" she answered acting as she had forgotten.

"Oh, cut the crap Ava-" Tayler blurted out but then apologized.

Ava's eyes widened. For she was startled by her short sudden outburst.

" I know if I say the name Jordan, you know exactly who I'm talking about".

" Because you mentioned him to me" Ava recalled.

" Doesn't matter-"

"What?" Ava said confused by this whole conversation.

Tayler leaned in closer looked at her dead in the eyes and spoke.

"I know you're his girl".

Chills ran over her whole body. A state of panic began to rise.

'No fucking way' she thought.

"N-" Ava tried to deny but was cut off.

"Save it. I knew it from the moment you walked in with all the guys" Tayler explained while nodding.

"What? You were watching me or something?" Ava asked her feeling weird.

"More like observing" Tayler answered.

"And he chose wisely" she added.

Ava gave her a perplexed look.

"I've been working here for a very long time, Jordan is a regular customer along with the rest of the guys. I saw you with them the day you asked for a job application. I could just tell that he was into you".