68.[ I know ♡]

Alone with her thoughts, her mind raced nonstop, she didn't know what to do or say to Jordan. She debated even going back to him. He'd definitely perceive her apprehension however, it seemed almost too dangerous to go back home.

She waited for a long while to finally close up the shop, her hands were a bit shaky whilst holding her car keys. It was cold outside, the post-rain smell lingered in the air. She only wished that he was sleeping or showering. Unlocking the car, she got in, secured the doors and sat for a moment before turning on the vehicle. The sound caused her to jolt in her seat. Ava felt almost nauseous as she pulled out onto the street and began to drive back to Jordan's.

.

The conversation kept playing in her head over and over again. Ava didn't think that she could ever feel jealousy like this. Actually, she didn't think that she could ever feel jealousy in general because it wasn't like her. Guilt was gnawing in the back of her mind. She feared that her body would betray her once Jordan got close. There was no way she'd be able to control herself. She hated confrontation of any kind. But recognized that this had to be addressed or at least approached by a fragile angle. Her mind swam with all sorts of thoughts, making it very difficult to focus on the road.

She decided to take the long route, going in circles in hopes of not getting to the destination soon enough. After what felt like hours, she pulled up into his driveway. Stayed in the car trying to gather her thoughts together and in order.

Accumulating, the willpower she found, Ava approached the front of his door. Her hand trembled as she inserted the key into the doorknob to unlock it.

To her tough luck, Jordan was already there and awake. He was standing there clothed rummaging through his cd records. His eyes lit up the moment he realized she was here. "There's my girl" he cooed and smiled. His dimples rising to the surface, causing her guard to falter. Ava pretended as if she didn't hear him and made her way to the kitchen. Her trip to the kitchen interrupted as arms snaked their way around her waist. Jordan brushed his lips on her cheek. Leaving soft butterfly kisses, making her shudder. Ava remained silent hoping that he would leave it at that and not want anything more. If he kissed her, by no way, would she be able to fake it.

At this moment, Jordan spun her around drawing her into him. His eyes filled with warmth and his touch was very tender. Fingers sprawled out on her waist, thumbs stroked her sides ever so softly. She attempted to dodge his amorous gaze, for it was too much to bear. Ava slowly turned her face and pulled out of his grasp. Jordan was a little hurt when she did this.

"Baby? Are you ok?" he questioned softly. She had never dodged one of his kisses before and now that she did, he truly wondered the reason why. "I-I have to go freshen up, I had fish for lunch and need to brush my teeth" she lied, excused herself and made her way to the bathroom.

Jordan was left dumbfounded.

Meanwhile, she stood in front of the small bathroom mirror. Her hands planted on the sink as she steadied her breath. Turning on the water for a brief moment. She wanted to give the notion that she was actually brushing her teeth or washing her face. As she stood there, a familiar scent ceased her thinking because it drew her attention right away. The scent seemed to be coming from her clothing. She took a whiff of her jacket and shirt. ' That smells familiar' she thought as her eyebrows furrowed. Deciding to look for her makeup remover wipes. She felt numb, she wished to sleep and find a reasonable way to approach this in the morning. In the act of looking for her wipes, a familiar hourglass shaped bottle caught her attention. A small bulb seemed to go off in her head and she gently picked it up to sniff it, curiosity getting the best of her. Her eyebrows furrowed when she lifted her arm to take another whiff. 'This is it' she thought, realization hitting hard. It was no doubt confirmed that it was the same citrus and fruity smell from the bottle.