20. ...Or he's in love ♡

Ava's eyes fluttered open at around 6 AM the next morning, she had never woken up this early since moving to Boston due to jetlag and what not. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she noticed that it was not even sunrise yet but the faded and foggy sky in between dark and light informed her that it will be soon. She didn't dream much, all she remembered was the loving sound of Jordan singing to her. Ava felt a sense of peace and overwhelming joy when thinking back to last night's late conversation with her boyfriend of only a few days. But these few days have been wonderful, it was like embarking on a whole new adventure where she had never gone before. Jordan was her guide and their relationship was the map that held all the places that they have yet to discover together. She wondered what he was doing at this moment, if he was awake or if he was still sleeping. Ava began to think about the feelings that Jordan provoked her. There were so many things that Jordan sparked inside of her but she knew that she would be too shy to tell him. Thus, writing them out would help her unwind and pour her heart out without having to tell Jordan. These feelings were like an experiment and she wanted to write down her observations, after all, Ava did journal every once in a while. She believed that there would be no harm in expressing herself through writing.

Climbing out of her warm bed, she turned on the small lamp sitting on top of her desk near the window and opened up a fresh new notebook. Pulling out a black ink pen, Ava began to write whatever came into her mind as soon as Jordan crossed it.

Jordan,

I don't know what I'm doing writing to you or about you at nearly the crack of dawn. But I can't lie and say that you were not the first thing on my mind the moment I opened my eyes. I can't help but wonder what you're doing at this very moment as I write this. If you're sleeping then I made a good choice at jotting down the thoughts that float about in my head. I wish I could hear your voice right now, feel your arms around me holding me tight and your- uhh never mind. I won't say I'm in love, after all, I don't know what that word even means maybe you can show me? I'm still half asleep oh my gosh forget I said that. Maybe one day I'll write you a letter, but I'm sure you've received a lot. I adore your voice, your eyes, they're like a dream. I apologize for my infatuation, I sound like a school girl writing her crush a letter. God, I don't know what this feeling is, I've never felt it. Maybe because I have never met anybody like you. You're one in a million Jordan, how on earth did you cross my path?

-Ava

As soon as she finished writing, she closed the book and briefly chewed on the cap of the pen. Her eyes wandered to her window which displayed an almost clear but foggy horizon. The sun was just about to rise. She decided why not watch it from the front porch as she had never seen the sunrise in Boston. Grabbing a blanket, she made her way out her room and out the front door to sit on the small hammock that hung just near the door. Ava was in complete awe when noticing just how breathtaking the sight was. An orange gleam which she assumed was the sun began to peer from afar as the sky around it adjusted itself just the right way to match the beauty of it. Ava was glad that she woke up early because right now, she was thankful for living and seeing the beauty of it all. Of nature and everything that could never be man made. She adored new beginnings.

⭐︎ 11 AM⭐︎

A call was received by Ava which surprised her since she was told that she would be called until next week. However, according to one of the staff members, a few students had to postpone their appointments and Ava's was moved earlier. Ava gladly agreed and drove herself to the school to meet with the counselors. They greeted her with so much enthusiasm and helped her prepare her schedule for the upcoming semester which was in less than a month. When everything was finally settled, she thanked them and set up a plan to meet with them every few weeks or so throughout the semester to make sure that she remained on the right track for her education.

☆1 pm☆

It was quite a cold day despite the sun being out, and Ava figured she could go for some fresh coffee. She planned on buying her coffee and getting home immediately as she didn't feel like being out and about all day especially by herself. The line wasn't too bad, only 3 or 4 people in front of her, as soon she placed her order, there was about a 5-minute wait, which Ava didn't mind.

Getting back in her car, she swore she could hear somebody calling her name but thought nothing of it until a small knock slightly caused her to jolt upwards. It was Joey. "Oh my gosh Joey, you scared the shit out of me" she said as she rolled down the window. "Sorry about that" He responded with an apologetic smile. "It's ok" she assured. "What brings you here?" she added. "Nothing I was just making a few purchases and I saw you, I figured I should say hi". "Oh, I see. Were you grocery shopping?" she asked. "No, I was getting a few things I needed for the trip" he answered. "Oh speaking of the trip, will you be joining us?" he asked with hopeful eyes. "Umm, you guys want me to go?" Ava questioned nervously. " Course we do, we think you'll really enjoy it, and we want to show you how incredible some parts of Boston are" Joey eagerly answered. "C'mon Ava,  it's not like you'd have to share a tent with any of us" he teased. "Because we're gonna be in a cabin, so there won't be any bugs or anything and we'll sing songs around a campfire, you know fun stuff". Ava thought for a moment, a sigh of relief escaped her mouth when he mentioned a cabin and not an actual tent in the middle of the woods where god forbid somebody or something tries to harm them. "When do you guys plan on leaving?". "Early in the morning next Friday" he answers. "Alright, I'll go, I just need to know what to bring" she spoke. "Don't worry, Jordan will be able to help you with that" Joey said with a smirk plastered on his face. "And you can't?" she playfully argued.

At this point, Ava had already gotten out of the car and stood next to him. "C'mon Ava" Joey teased as he softly bumped her with his shoulder. " We both know that Jordan is crazy about you, he didn't tell us, we all knew it because Jordan has been wearing his heart on his sleeve since he met you". Ava slightly went bashful at Joey's words. "What?". Joey wiggled his eyebrows in a flirtatious manner making her chuckle and shake her head. " You've got the key to his heart sweets". " I do?" she asked. "Please let me be the ring bearer at the wedding" he joked and Ava laughed. "Joey, seriously let's not get ahead of ourselves, but uhh has Jordan told you anything?". "Nope" he answered all while emphasizing the 'p'. "When you guys decide to make it official, let me just tell ya that we're gonna support you 100%, we haven't seen Jordan smile like a doofus in so long, either he's really happy to be handsome or he's in love" he finished with a wink and nodded.

Ava tried hiding her smile but couldn't help it, Joey was certainly catching onto them. 'Jordan being in love? ' she wondered but was interrupted by him speaking again. " Well Ava, I've got to go, it was really nice seeing ya" Joey said as he quickly pulled her in for a hug and then went on his way. Getting back into the driver's seat, Ava sat for a moment with Joey's words still fresh in her mind. Her heart beat with the thought of somebody actually falling in love with her but shook her head as she realized that it was too soon for those kinds of feelings to emerge so early in a relationship.

Or is it not?

Ava wondered;

'Can Jordan really be falling for me as much as I am falling for him?'

Yay I updated again! And Ava is going to the trip with the guys!! Do you think Jordan will get to read what Ava wrote about him?

Leave me feedback, please. ♥︎

I'm going to sleep