53.[05-17-92♡]

After that night, Ava knew that things wouldn't be the same. As cliché as it may sound, after being intimate with another person, it felt almost different being by herself. At night, she would lay in bed, remembering her birthday detail by detail, especially that night. It definitely sealed her feelings for Jordan, because now he knew what she felt like physically as did she. And it wasn't something that was done frequently or once in a while, Ava had a hard time initiating it and Jordan didn't want to feel like he was pressuring her. They both couldn't wait to do it all over again but they knew it couldn't be rushed and that it would eventually come at the right time. Sex wasn't something you could just suggest when it came to Ava. She did it once and now refreshed in her mind when she spoke to him on the phone or got to see him in between their busy schedules. A deeper connection was now shared between the two young people infatuated by one another.

....

Jordan's birthday was only a few weeks away and Ava wanted to do something special for him. She didn't want to intrude on his celebration with his family but Jon insisted that she'd attend.

"I don't know, I don't think it's right" she spoke nervously. "C'mon you gotta be there, I know he's gonna wanna see you on his special day" Jon encouraged excitedly. "But he's with his family and I'm just his girlfriend" she argued back politely. "My mom wants to meet you too" he added. Her eyes widened "Your mother?" she repeated. "Yep, she wants to meet you, been wanting to meet you actually" he clarified with a smile. "Are you sure?" she questioned. "Yes of course I am, I would never say something that isn't true" he assured her. "Also, the rest of us will be there too, Donnie, Danny, and Joey". Before she said anything else, he spoke again. "You're going or he's gonna be mad at me thinking that I didn't tell you". 

"Okay okay... fine I'll go".

May 17, 1992♥︎

It was now springtime, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and the weather was perfect for a birthday celebration. Ava was currently rummaging through her closet for something to wear, as her mother walked in with a mug full of coffee. "Ava, I don't know why it's so hard for you to find something to wear, you've got a bunch of clothes" she spoke as she stood in the doorway. "Because I don't know if there is anything that actually looks good on me" Ava groaned as she plopped herself on the bed. "Why don't you wear a dress, it's a nice day today" her mother suggested. "No, I was thinking of wearing jeans and a blouse" Ava responded. " Isn't it Jordan's birthday today?" her mother chimed and smiled. "Yes, and I'm gonna meet the woman who gave him life 22 years ago, I'm scared of disappointing her and well, his entire family" Ava admitted and let out a long sigh. "Why are you scared? you'll be fine, you're not like other girls honey, you're a good different". "Thanks, mom" Ava responded. "And I met the young gentleman, if he's anything like his mother, I'm sure she'll adore you".

"I hope so". 

Ava was informed by Jon that they were going to have a small get together in their backyard. "Listen, Danny is gonna go pick you up" he spoke over the phone. "Why can't I just drive myself?" she questioned. "Because Jordan wouldn't like it if I made you drive at night, plus he doesn't know you're gonna be here". "Why doesn't he know?" she asked as she walked around the kitchen. "It's a surprise" he answered. "I'm scared" she admitted and let out a small sigh. "Don't be, you're gonna be fine" he assured her. "Okay okay.. so what time is Danny going to stop by?". "About 7 or 7:30". "Okay got it". "Dress warmly because we're gonna be outside" he added. "Okay," she agreed. "Great, I'll see you later," he said excitedly and then hung up.

She already bought his present a few weeks prior to his birthday. 'Hopefully, he likes it' she thought to herself as she finished tying a green ribbon around the small box. She decided to shower, slip into something comfortable and applied soft makeup. A million thoughts raced through her mind during the process of getting ready. This was the first time ever, that she would be meeting his loved ones. His parents and his siblings. She wasn't prepared for it, she didn't think that she would have to face situations like this for a really long time but here she was. Ava wanted to make a really good impression, she couldn't risk coming off as unfit to be Jordan's girlfriend, especially in front of his family.

Her attire consisted of high waisted light blue jeans and a gray knitted sweater with white sneakers. She slipped on her silver hoops and paired them with a small necklace that had a small half-moon. She finished early, giving her about an hour or more to eat something and read a few chapters of her novel. 'Is it too late to fake being sick' she thought to herself as she placed her book down. Her mother was currently taking a nap and Wilbert was taking care of some things in his workplace. 

Ava smiled knowing that she gets to see her beau tonight. Tonight was all about him being surrounded by people who loved him. Jordan had no idea that she would be there, as she told him that she couldn't go because she had a long shift at work.

*flashback to conversation*

"But you gotta go" he whined over the phone as she lied in bed. "I'm sorry I have work that day and I don't want to get fired" she spoke apologetically. "How long are you going to be there?" he asked. "All day, I can't even call in sick even if I wanted to, there are a shortage of employees" she clarified. " Awww... man, when do you think I'll see you?" he responded with disappointment in his tone. 

"I'm not sure.. soon hopefully".

*flashback over*

Her thoughts were cut off by the sound of a car pulling into her driveway. It was Danny. She grabbed her coat, Jordan's gift, and her house keys before opening the door to greet him. "Hey Danny," she said and smiled as she approached him. "Hey Ava, wow you look really nice" he responded politely as he walked her to the passenger's side. "Thanks" she answered and smiled as she climbed in.

"Jordan is gonna be so happy to see you," he said as he turned on the ignition.

Hi... sorry for the short chapter :(

What do you think will happen next?

Feedback is always appreciated! ♡

Thanks for reading.