16. [In love♡ ?]

It was the next day and Ava was just having breakfast in the kitchen when suddenly her mom walked in still groggy from sleep. "Hi mom" Ava said as she smiled and sipped her coffee. "Hi Ava, how was your date last night?" she asked and Ava nearly choked on her coffee. "What?" she asked as she composed herself. Her mother was stirring her coffee with ease, a little amused at her daughter's reaction. "How was your date?" she repeated. "I-I didn't have a date" Ava lied but her stammering gave it away. "Ava I'm your mother, yesterday you got home with an ear to ear smile and something else in your eyes, I saw". "Where? What?". Ana calmly took a seat in front of her daughter who currently watched her with owl eyes. " Believe me, I know, now who's the lucky guy?". Ava sighed in defeat and looked at her mother with guilty eyes. "You're not going to be mad right?". "Why would I be mad if it's your life? " Ana said as she encouraged her daughter to proceed to speak.

" His name is Jordan" Ava began. "Jordan? that's a nice name". "Is he cute?" her mom asked and Ava could feel her cheeks flush with heat and redness. Her mom laughed, lifting one eyebrow and nodding. "I'm guessing he must be really cute, look you're a tomato now" she teased. "He is so cute mom, like so cute that I feel so lucky and I know how you say that looks aren't everything but he's so different and no guy has ever made me feel the way he does the few times that we've hung out, I love talking to him and being with him, I truly enjoy his company" Ava finished. "Wow honey, that's great, and to think that you never paid attention to any guys, Jordan must've done something different to get to you because from what I've remembered you never did gave a guy a second glance even when I told you that they were looking or interested in you" Ana recalled. "That's true but I don't know Jordan just came out of nowhere like I didn't ask for him to appear but here he is". "God must've brought him to you" Ana said and smiled. "Maybe, and now he's my boyfriend, it happened all too unexpectedly, I didn't even want one but Jordan walked into my life and I don't think I want him to leave anytime soon" Ana smiled at the way her daughter spoke about her first boyfriend and hopefully first love, she waited for the day Ava would find somebody who put gleam in her amber eyes. Ava was young, fresh and inexperienced, she only hoped that her daughter would think more with her head and not so much put her whole trust in her heart for she didn't want Ava to get hurt. "How does he look like?" she asked and a huge grin grew on Ava's face. "C'mon tell me". "Okay umm, he's got big hair, like Elvis Presley hair, really pretty eyes like rich dark chocolate, mom, and his dimples are soooo cute, I just wow I love his dimples, they're my favorite I love them a lot" Ava gushed. "And his li-" she continued but stopped. "His what?" her mom asked as she slightly gasped and chuckled. "His voice" she began again. "Uh-huh," her mom said with an amused expression. "His voice is so calming and sweet, he makes me feel so comfortable".

"Is he romantic?" Ana questioned as she picked up her mug and took a sip of her coffee. "A little bit" Ava answered. "How old is he?". "21". "Oh just one year older" her mother pointed out. "I'm guessing you already kissed him or should I say he kissed you" Ana said as her daughter's eyes widened and her cheeks flushed with pink. Ava nodded slowly in embarrassment. "How was it?". "Nice and a little weird" she admitted. "Why weird?". " It was my first one". "Mom you know I'm not used to affection so having somebody that close to my face was a bit awkward for me" she continued and her mom chuckled. "You're gonna introduce him to me one day?". "Maybe one day" Ava assured and her mom nodded. " Be careful honey, I know you're in love but please don't become an airhead because of it. People lose sight of what's important when they're in love". "In love? Mom I'm not in love, well not yet, well I don't know if I will ever be". Ana shook her head as she spoke "You can say that right now but you don't know what will happen in the future, anything can happen that maybe you'll keep to yourself or you might tell me I don't know but Ava, you're at risk of falling in love, the times you've spent or are going to spend with him will stay with you, the way you react to him physically and emotionally will cause you to feel many different things, some good and some bad, be prepared honey....for anything" she finished. Ava nodded. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind". "Okay I'm not sure if I should give you the birds and the bees talk because I'm more than certain that you already know about safe sex and all that" her mom added and Ava immediately shook her head. "No no no too soon and I don't know if I'll ever take that step with anybody or Jordan for the matter". "Exactly, you don't know, but keep it in mind always," Ana said before getting up without another word being said and walked away.

Ava tried shaking the thought away as her cheeks were still burning from heat and embarrassment. She had just made it official with Jordan, she didn't want to think about the biggest step just yet. They haven't even reached any other base besides kissing. And that step, the big step was a long way for her, in fact, the whole act made her feel a bit uneasy. Ava wanted to think that Jordan wasn't sexually active but her mind taunted her, there was no way he couldn't have been. 'Can he be?' Ava whispered and gasped. 'No Ava stop, don't even think about it'. Sex was a foreign word to her, of course, she was curious about it but never went out of her way to engage in it. Ava didn't know if she can ever engage in it, as she never dated but in her mind, she had it imprinted that she wouldn't ever reach that point with another person. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing in the kitchen. Without hesitation, she walked over and answered. "Hello?". "Good morning baby". Ava could feel her heart turn to putty, a warm feeling spreading all over her body at the sweet sound of a familiar voice. "Morning Jordan" she answered shyly and smiled. "Jordan?" he repeated, his Bostonian accent made her want to cry from how cute it sounded especially with his own name being mentioned. "Yes?" she said not really knowing what to say. "Why don't you call me baby too?" he asks softly. "U-Umm because uhh I'm shy to" she admitted. He lets out a heartfelt chuckle. "Shy, why are you shy if I'm your man?". " Jordan, I told you this is new to me, I mean you were my first kiss if that says anything" she recalls as she bites her bottom lip and fiddles with the cord nervously. "Call me baby right now, but don't think about it just do it" he instructs. "B-Baby?" she says as she wants the ground to sink and swallow her whole. " Yes?" he teases and chuckles. Ava groans and throws her head back. "I can't do it, it's so hard Jor-" . "Baby" he corrects and she laughs a bit embarrassed. "Give me a little time please?" she asks. "Alright baby take all the time you need" he assures her and she sighs in relief. "I'm not used to you yet" she adds. "What do you mean?". "This, you know answering calls in the morning and being called baby, being kissed and being held, it's so new to me, I can't stress that enough". she speaks. "I understand, I didn't want to pressure you I swear-" he responded but she interrupted him. "No you didn't, I would've never agreed to go out with you if I wasn't interested, I want this, I just need guidance".

Jordan smiled over the phone to which Ava couldn't see but he was glad that he would be the first to show Ava what it's like to be in a relationship. "Don't worry baby, because you are my baby" he says and chuckles. "We're gonna take this step by step" Ava groaned and slightly laughed at his pun and he too laughed. " No hear me out" Jordan says as he goes back to his point. " We'll go at your own pace, there's no need to rush, we can do this, I'll be patient and I'll be there whenever you need me and whatever you need from me" he assures her. "I'm gonna be there for you too, I'll put in my best effort because I know we can do this if we're on the same page and neither of us is reading ahead," she says. "Agreed and you'll see that it's gonna be something great" Jordan says and Ava smiles. "Something new for me, but also great for the both of us". "Who knows maybe it'll be new for me too" he finishes.

"Are you doing anything today?" he asks while changing the subject. "Umm I was gonna go drop off some papers for school why?" she responded. "I wanna see you" he bluntly states. "Again?" she asks and he chuckles. "Yes, why do you not wanna see me?". "I do actually" Ava admits shyly. "Want me to pick you up and we can go together?" he asks. " Just to drop off my papers and that's it?" she questions. "No, I was thinking we could go with Jon somewhere to eat, talk and introduce you to him officially as my girlfriend". "Jon?" Ava repeats. "Yes my brother" he recalls. "Okay sure" she answers. "Great, what time were you planning on going?" he questions. "Umm around noon, so 12:30 ". "Okay, I'll be there sharp" he assures her. "Okay bye baby" she says and hangs up quickly with a little bit of adrenaline in her blood as she chuckles to herself. The phone rings and she picks up, still chuckling. "Hello?" she answers. "You're gonna say that to me in person" Jordan speaks and she laughs. "I mean it" he adds. "If you're lucky" she teases. "I'm already lucky" he says and she groans. "Okay bye Jordan" she says and he groans making her laugh once more.

" See you soon" she says and hangs up.

A lot of teasing between these two haha how cute