66.[Wanna Know A Secret?♡]

Couple days later☁︎

Ava was working more hours than usual. Marie informed her that she'd be back in the next week or by the end of next week. Ava was relieved to hear this, the past week had been nothing but stress. Fortunately, Jordan had been there to distract her. Not just with lovemaking, but also with cuddles if she needed them. His gentle fingers running through her hair were something she would not trade for the world. If it wasn't for Jordan, she would've most likely overworked herself, trying to get as much done as possible.

After about an hour or so, Tayler arrived with iced coffee. "Hey girl brought you coffee," she said and smiled. "Thanks, you didn't have to though" Ava answered feeling guilty that she didn't bring them anything. "Nonsense, I wanted to reward you for all your hard work" Tayler explained, placing the tray of drinks on the table. "You don't have to do that, it's my job" Ava answered. "Well, your work is appreciated and I just wanted you to know that Tayler responded and Ava smiled.

The two initiated a brief conversation before starting their expected tasks. "Marie finally comes back next week, she called me before I got here" Tayler said, and afterward took a sip of her drink. "Yeah, I was just done talking to her, when you got here" Ava answered. "Oh!, it's a bummer though, I enjoyed getting to know you and stuff, " Tayler said letting out a disappointed sigh. "But I don't think that will change once Marie comes back, it's just we won't have slow days like this, so I get what you mean" Ava responded and shrugged.

"I'll check the stock, you should start unpacking the boxes and fix the shelves" Ava spoke as she grabbed the clipboard from inside the drawer of the desk and walked to the backroom. A few minutes later, Tayler followed, waiting to be given further instructions. "Okay, last time we left off on the cd's beginning with the letter 'R' " Ava recalled. Tayler walked around the small room looking for a blade to open the packages. Once she found it, Ava helped her carry out a few of the boxes, to the row of empty shelves located towards the back of the shop.

The two girls worked in silence for a few hours. Ava's feet were already getting tired from standing too long . Whilst working in the back, she was also labeling and pricing items using a label maker. She was frustrated from making one too many mistakes. Wondering if Tayler was close to finishing, she figured she could help her to speed up the process. "Need a hand?" Ava suggested as she walked back into the main room. "Yes please" Tayler willingly accepted.

Now with the two working together to make ends meet, they decided to open up the shop. Although nothing much changed since there were few people around. It was still a very slow work day. So far, Ava only made four purchases and one return. Afterward, she went to join Tayler, who was currently organizing the shelves. Unfortunately, some of the products were priced incorrectly, in which Ava took the fault for. 'Oh, I must've missed these' she thought to herself as she rummaged through the boxes, looking for more.

"Hey, I'll be back, I'm just gonna go relabel these" she excused herself. "Okay". Whilst Ava returned to the backroom, Tayler was very focused on organizing the shelf in alphabetical order. Her attention was cut short by the sound of the bell going off and the customer that just so happened to walk through the door. It sent her heart in a frenzy. The customer, who was a young man seemed to be looking for something or better said someone. She gasped, stood up and walked over to him. "Is there anything I can help you with?" she asked. For a brief moment, he stood there looking over a 'Stylistics' record before putting it back. Tayler marveled how gorgeous he still was.