61.[Cake day♡]

Wedding day...

"Ugh, I hate dresses" Ava complained as she was struggling to zip up her lavender halter line dress which merely reached her ankles. It was the one her mother chose and only wore it because she asked her to. Her nerves have been getting the best of her since the second she opened her eyes today. Her mother had informed her that she was going to be at the salon to get all her bridal pampering, with Raven's company of course. Ava knew how she wanted her hair to be styled and didn't want to add any extra cost for that. 

For her hair, she chose to go for a half up-half down look, with loose curls. Her hair was already naturally curly and didn't need much effort to achieve just that. As for her makeup, she deemed a subtle and soft brown natural look, slightly rosy cheeks with a nude pink lip was appropriate for the occasion. Ava always maintained a soft and natural complexion, thus her skin seemed airbrushed and she had this glow to it. After finishing her makeup, she topped it off with her favorite peach flavored lip gloss. 

She heard rustling and movements in the kitchen but gasped when the sound of a plate thrashing to the floor. She waited a bit longer until she heard the familiar muttered 'Damn it', a sigh of relief escaped her lips and she made her way downstairs to see what was going on. The sound of heels followed behind her after each step that she took. It was Wilbert, he was currently on his knees picking up what looked to be broken glass. "What are you doing?" she questioned as she stopped just a few inches away from him. "I accidentally broke this mug when I was reaching for it" he explained as he stood up and grabbed the broom to sweep up the excess. "Oh, are you nervous about today?" she added and he chuckled. "Yeah, can you tell?" he joked as he opened the garbage can and threw the bits of glass in there. "Aww, how pure" she teased as she took a seat in the kitchen. "Hahaha very funny, yes us men get nervous too, we get groomsmen shivers if that's even a term" he spoke and she chuckled. "I don't think it is, but I agree with you, it can go both ways" she responded while nodding. "I haven't seen your mother since last night, and I was given specific instructions not to see her until she walks down the aisle," he said as he poured himself as well as her, a cup of coffee. "Well yeah, it's bad luck if you see the bride before the wedding Wilbert" she teased all while emphasizing his name making him laugh. 

"You look lovely today missy" he complimented in a fatherly tone. "Thanks and you look like you're about to pass out" she teased and he laughed. "I've been a nervous wreck all morning, I just want everything to go just as planned" he admitted as he pulled up a chair and sat with her. "You and me both" she spoke and nodded. There was a small silence in the room until Wilbert cut it short. "Oh, I've been meaning to speak to you about something ". 

Ava looked up at him curiously, although she had a small idea of what it related to. "We've been short on publications, and I was wondering if-" he began but she interrupted him. "No, no I do not". "C'mon Ava, I believe in you, and one day I know you'll be able to take over the business". "I'm going to college for a reason, but I'm not going for business" she argued politely. "You're an excellent writer and you know it, why don't you present one of your works and who knows maybe you'll get it published" he urged nicely. "It's a hobby, for now, I don't know, besides shouldn't you leave your company to one of your trusted employees," she said and shrugged. "I trust you, I always did, if you change your mind, you can let me know but know that this is an option for you" he finished and she smiled. "I appreciate it, I really do and I will keep this in mind, thank you".

By the time their conversation finished, they had downed their coffee to the core and had left them on the table. The sound of the doorbell startled them, Wilbert seemed to know exactly who was behind that door. Ava was very confused as she didn't know that there was going to be company, specifically for today. She watched from afar as the door was unlocked and pulled open to reveal a rather handsome young man with rugged dirty blonde hair. "Ahh oh my gosh thank you so much for coming, I knew you wouldn't let me down" Wilbert greeted as the young man let out a small laugh. "You know I always have your back man" answered the stranger as he smiled. Ava stared from afar, realizing that this young guy was dressed in a fitted black suit and tie, she immediately assumed he was here for the wedding. "Ava, come here don't be shy" Wilbert called out directing all attention towards her. Her eyes widened as she awkwardly got up from the chair and slowly made her way over to them.

As she walked closer to them, she could make out his physical facial features. He had forrest green eyes with hints of hazel specks inside the irises, small but plump looking lips and a flirty smirk forming on his face. Ava felt almost uncomfortable around this stranger but decided to shake it off as it could just be a natural instinct. "And who is this lovely person?" he spoke in a gentle manner as he smiled at her. His eyes were piercing down at her as she stood a good few inches away from him. "I'm Ava" she introduced casually as she held out her hand and he pulled his hand from his pocket to shaking like she assumed he would. Instead, he held it in his, like he was stalling to shake it, or just to hold it a little longer. " I'm Leo, it's a great pleasure meeting you" he introduced and she quickly pulled her hand back to her side. 

"Leo has been my wingman for my company since we arrived in Boston" Wilbert interrupted and Leo nodded in agreement. "Ava, he would be your coworker or partner in crime if you end up accepting this opportunity" he added as Ava eyed the young man carefully. " And what a beautiful partner I would have, care to fill in what you mean by this actually" Leo responded politely as he could not tear his eyes off Ava. "Ava here has her own private stash of great works that she chooses to keep to herself rather than publishing them" Wilbert explained and Ava playfully scoffed. "Great works, yeah sure".

"Really?" Leo asked as he smiled at her once more. "It's a hobby like I've explained before, but I still have my options to choose from, anyways, I have to go upstairs to fix some last minute things" she answered firmly and then tried excusing herself. "Sure hope to see you soon again " Leo spoke as he pulled out a small envelope and gave it to Wilbert but kept his eyes on her.

She didn't respond but instead forced out a smile to be polite.

An hour later...

"Hello baby, are you ready?" Jordan spoke through the phone as she had just finished fixing her bag. "Yeah, everybody is already at the chapel and I'm still waiting for you" she answered and he let out a small nervous chuckle. "Sorry I was waiting for your call, I didn't want to just be there like an awkward being" he explained and she let out a small laugh. " Understandable, but you should hurry up because we'll be very late" she said and he agreed.

It was now 3 pm, the ceremony was going to begin at 4, Jordan pulled up into the driveway and noticed Ava sitting on the bench, she looked stunning. But her mind was elsewhere, not even noticing that he was in dressed in elegant attire, wearing a silver colored button up inside a black fitted suit. "What are you doing out here baby?" he questioned softly as he reached for her hand and held it in his. The gesture was familiar but this time it felt so right. "Waiting for you" she answered and looked up at him to smile. He looked irresistible, but right now she couldn't tell him. "I know you just did your makeup but can I steal a kiss from you right now? I can't resist" he admitted playfully and she chuckled. Ava agreed, thus puckering her lips and smiling when she felt his own brush against hers. When they pulled away, she kissed his cheek, leaving a small imprint and then she wiped it off with her thumb.

"Ready to go?" he asked and she nodded.

DID A LOT of brainstorming last night! ♥︎

I will try to update as much of this as I can, to finally get to the best parts of the story. 

Since it's nowhere near being over.

(;

Super excited !!